IGNORED

Kanye West - Yeezus

Guest abracadabra

admittedly i have never understand any of kanye's appeal, but after just hearing "black skinhead" on the radio, i have to say it's more terrible than i thought. there are certain artists whose music is so great i can overlook bad lyrics or a grating vocal, but this guy is the complete bad package. bad, un-creative music, bad lyrics, bad rapping, it's just bad.

plus he acts like a jackass.

i dont understand why its even on watmm

i agree, it kind of upsets me. I understand having a Bowie thread, because he is a quality musician but the crossover of b- white suburban hip hop 'fans' in an electronic music forum makes me want to go on a killing spree

Let's do it!

:crazy:

7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nichol

terribl srssesai

don't make me..

pls

It's okay Usagi, everyone's opinion on anything is relevant I suppose. I'm just surprised to see a chunk of people who've dedicated at least a portion of their mental capacity to understanding and enjoying electronic and sometimes intellectual music to also listening to Kanye. I just think they're of a different paradigm.

It would be like enjoying the world's best caviar and scotch but then going to buy a schneiders hot dog, and eating it raw..... At least, that's how I see it.

=/

Edited by StephenG

i love bowie but listen to these tracks and you tell me it's worse then the 100's of shit tracks bowie made

hundreds? srlsy? i'll give you that there were maybe 20/30 some shit bowie tracks that were written before space odyssey, when he went by Davey Jones lol (imo of course).. im a bowie fanatic though so im pretty biased. i will say that i don't really listen to much bowie pre-ziggy stardust, not a huge fan of any of his output 1964-1972, except for Hunky Dory.. 74/diamond dogs era and forward is where my bowie obsession lies.

and wait, there's a bowie thread on here? how did i miss this?

you'll get "introduce me to bowie" or "what are your fave Bowie songs" threads every few months.

And as another Bowie fanatic I will never stop recommending Heathen until it gets the respect it deserves.

I hear ya! I'm not trying to be a snob, sorry... It just seems like we could spend our very limited time on earth listening to better music than kanye. I don't think that's snobby!

It's like... would you rather watch Hollywood blockbusters or Bollywood movies? I don't know, I'm not trying to be snobby sorry. I just think it's shitty music with shitty messages!

Ah! Opinions! lol.

cheers man

I don't care about the 'message' (it's pop music, ffs). Ever since I dropped my preconceptions about music a few years ago, I found that I enjoy music a lot more. I've stopped caring what other people think and can therefore enjoy music that other people think is terrible.. like 311, Coldplay, Kanye West, Karnivool, etc etc.

It's ok that you don't like it, but I don't understand how lack of 'intelligence' or 'underground-ness' should affect appreciation of music.

Guest trananhhung

You come off extremely pedantic, StephenG. If I were a producer, I would love to have my name on a industrial, noisy and undressed hip-hop/pop album from a superstar where every kick and synth line packs a punch. Kanye is what he is. Thinking that listening to random obscure AFX follower producer makes someone more intellectual is silly.

Thinking that listening to random obscure AFX follower producer makes someone more intellectual is silly.

I never said that, even once. That would be silly.

I don't care about the 'message' (it's pop music, ffs). Ever since I dropped my preconceptions about music a few years ago, I found that I enjoy music a lot more. I've stopped caring what other people think and can therefore enjoy music that other people think is terrible.. like 311, Coldplay, Kanye West, Karnivool, etc etc.

It's ok that you don't like it, but I don't understand how lack of 'intelligence' or 'underground-ness' should affect appreciation of music.

I suppose. I guess I listen with my brain and not with my body. So maybe I tend to underappreciate things with very little interpretive value that might sound nice to other people.

There are different types of listeners, after all!

But I certainly don't give a shit what other people think. There are probably 4 people in my entire city that listen to what I listen to and anyone else I meet just thinks my music is weird, so I guess if I cared what other people think I'd probably listen to something else. =/

All I'm saying is Kanye and other related music is ridiculously superficial. Like all these artists rapping about hardcore shit and then going to get a pedicure on the weekend. I can't get over the superficiality to enjoy the noise they're producing.

Guest trananhhung

All I'm saying is Kanye and other related music is ridiculously superficial. Like all these artists rapping about hardcore shit and then going to get a pedicure on the weekend. I can't get over the superficiality to enjoy the noise they're producing.

It's called theatrics and performance or do you need to be a hobo to write about homeless people?

Edited by trananhhung

It's called theatrics and performance or do you need to be a hobo to write about homeless people?

Oh I understand, I'm just saying I don't appreciate it or enjoy it.

I don't enjoy superficiality. And I don't find my dislike of it strange at all.

We're all different after all, neither one of us is right or wrong.

• 3 months later...

But is the pussy in there?

I'm surprised anyone can still work up the energy to get upset about the confederate flag shirt or anything else he does. His entire existence is an adolescent pisstake.

• 2 weeks later...

New video! It's cheesetastic!

"Recorded in a WalMart photo booth and edited on Windows Media Maker" lol

Intentionally or not, it is fucking awful. And the biggest cocktease too.

Also it says MrE on the url teehee

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

"Recorded in a WalMart photo booth and edited on Windows Media Maker" lol

That's oddly appropriate actually. I like that.

Kim looks different. I think it's the Tina Turner hair color.

Kanye reminds me of why I'm glad WATMM exists. The rest of the internet is either super derp-y in their observations or so faux intellectual in their analysis that it's headache-inducing just to skim. Our discussion seems oddly grounded and honest and appropriately silly.

Kanye West likes to dance all over the fine line between genius and the dumbest person you've ever seen. One second he'll have some badass lyric about racism that puts things in a whole new perspective, the next he's talking about fisting some chick black panther style. I love that confederate flag stuff though.

edit:

lol

apparently kanye wants to make vaporwave music videos now

Edited by gmanyo

I dunno, I think Yeezus is way better than most other pop music. I like it. I don't think it's the most amazing thing ever, but it's forward thinking for pop. Whenever you want to complain about the pop music now, just remember: 5 years ago we had T Pain and Soulja Boy.