Pye Corner Audio - Black Mill Tapes Vol. 4

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me, this guy can get through material. Black Mill Tapes 1 - 4, Sleep Games, Supersticious Century, The Ever Present Hum. All since 2010.

When he's good though, he's very good :music:

for sure. but his work can be really "samey" so i hope this one will provide a little something new.

true, black mill 1, 2 and 3 got off to a decent start, the other releases i wasn't too impressed with, good but

not as good as the black mill tapes. we'll probably see vol 3 & 4 slapped on two 12s soon enough like

the first 2 volumes

Edited by zupiclone

i think his best work was 'sleep games' followed by the 'black mill tapes'. i think the other stuff he did just sounded like outtakes from the 'head technician's generosity' reels rather than independent releases, especially 'the ever-present hum'

anyway, interested in hearing this "transfers"

Yeah this is great news- all the Black Mill Tapes have been excellent, so far Vol 2 has been my favourite (got the tape version when it came out with the bonus tracks).

Hopefully this'll be out soonish if its nearly done, I guess it'll just be released via the Pye bandcamp page- and I bet there will be a Type vinyl release with Vol 3 to follow...

Yeah this is great news- all the Black Mill Tapes have been excellent, so far Vol 2 has been my favourite (got the tape version when it came out with the bonus tracks).

Hopefully this'll be out soonish if its nearly done, I guess it'll just be released via the Pye bandcamp page- and I bet there will be a Type vinyl release with Vol 3 to follow...

yeah, but hopefully not on june 10th/11th because nobody will be paying attention

Vol 2 has been my favourite (got the tape version when it came out with the bonus tracks)./quote]

Damn your eyes sir, I so regret missing out on that! I'll certainly be grabbing any vinyl compendium that might surface. Better yet though would be a cassette box set of all for volumes.

Guest seeami

bmt2 had such beautiful artwork, although I do like the use of the heptagons. the black mill tapes have been my favorite stuff he's released - the small analog synth ideas/sketches really do it for me

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Slow trickling track listing for Black Mill Tapes Vol. 4:

1. Transmission Five:The Old Place

2. Dystopian Vector Part One

3. Transmission Thirteen:Line of Sight

4. Electronic Rhythm Number Nine

5. Theme Number Seven

6. Electronic Rhythm Number Two

7. Electronic Rhythm Number Twelve

8. Transmission Nine:Black Light

9. Void Bound

10. Dystopian Vector Part Two

11. Evil Surrounds

12. Cont No Stop

...?

Will keep updating.

Edited by SPD²

And greatness! I'm getting a physical copy of The House in the Woods & Coppice Halifax - The Deep Tapes CDr from a crazy collector friend who bought it and didn't like it!