Sign in to follow this  
Tauhid

Pye Corner Audio - Black Mill Tapes Vol. 4

259bmms.jpg

thanks for the heads up. *reaches for wallet*

well, i can't quite understand the charm of this. differing tastes aside, i just find what i've heard of it straightforward in the extreme. what am i missing?

well, i can't quite understand the charm of this. differing tastes aside, i just find what i've heard of it straightforward in the extreme. what am i missing?

You just don't like it. Plain and simple, and that's fine. I'm waiting for the vinyl to arrive, although I already have Pt. three, I still need to hear four. I hope it's good!

Logboy, give a try this Black mill tapes vol 1, or releases that came out in 2012... Superstitious Century, Sleep games...

But you have to get into the "hauntology" thing. ;)

Logboy, give a try this Black mill tapes vol 1, or releases that came out in 2012... Superstitious Century, Sleep games...

But you have to get into the "hauntology" thing. ;)

i've tried streaming some of it on the bandcamp site - just feels empty. nothing there i struggle with, nothing feels blatantly not to my taste, i just find it bland.

Triple cd just preordered from Boomkat for a very reasonable £15. Looking forward to this one...

Martin is the only guy that gets me to own a release on 4 formats and not feel cheated. Well done.

so, i've been listening to this album for a while now and i can honestly say it's probably my favorite black mill tapes. i'm not entirely certain if it beats volume 2 but it's definitely as good as that album. i even think it's better than 'sleep games'

will be interesting to see what he does after this

fun fact: this is my first album for 2014

this is also my first album purchase of 2014, and why the fuck did I leave it this long to get into Pye Corner Audio?!

seriously, what the fuck was wrong with me?

this is also my first album purchase of 2014, and why the fuck did I leave it this long to get into Pye Corner Audio?!

seriously, what the fuck was wrong with me?

I suffered from the same affliction. Downloaded all that shit the other day. It's fucking amazing

I just put all the cassette tapes in my discogs wantlist

my wallet won't stop crying for months…

bought this last night, love it. i may enjoy 2 and 3 a bit more, but this is right up there. a+

Enjoyed part 4, this is indeed a grand collection of albums. Nice to have the free download from Boomkat to boot.

First couple of listens I wasn't too impressed, all sounded a bit basic.

BUT now I'm listening to it late at night with a fancy imported wheat beer on the go and the lights low, and it's actually very good indeed. The guy really knows his way round a melody.

I have them all.. I asked Jenkins last week via Twitter if there will be a cassette edition of volume.4.. he said he isn't ruling it out!

ynujy4ym.jpg

Oh that was you. I saw that. I'm sure Further will do it. I was only a little bit late to the Pye Corner Party so I had to track down Volume two because it was the first and hardest to get. Disk Union in Japan had them but I had to find an exporter guy to buy it for me because they don't.

I have them all.. I asked Jenkins last week via Twitter if there will be a cassette edition of volume.4.. he said he isn't ruling it out!

ynujy4ym.jpg

yeah I saw that pic earlier. jelly :(

i've got all the tapes and coloured vinyls now, just saying :biggrin:

Black Mill Tapes, like i've always said are better imo than Sleep Games, more restrained, grittier, raw, less polished and not too dancefloor housey, he should stay this way.

I find Legowelt now the same, gone off his work from the past 3-4 years mostly. He's still good at what he does, but i much prefer his older grittier dark electro during the bunker days, he's gone to hollywood now.

I need all the Black Mill stuff

give me your tapes / veynils

The vinyls (Lp's) are bloody expensive!!

Think there's a 3 cd Black Mill Tapes 1-4 out soon. Sure it's available to pre-order.

Edit: dude's already mentioned this!

Edited by digger

Think there's a 3 cd Black Mill Tapes 1-4 out soon. Sure it's available to pre-order.

Edit: dude's already mentioned this!

Yeah. Too bad that it's a jewel case though. I thought it was gonna be a nice multi-panel digipak like they did for the koner reissues.

Had the triple cd set a week now & had the chance to listen two or three times. The more up tempo tracks on vols 3 & 4 are the most immediate but a few of the other tracks are really starting to insinuate themselves into my brain (Theme Number Seven in particular) so I reckon the more chilled first disc will be a slow burner.

Well worth the £££

Guest Ron Manager

£8 shipped to the UK. can't go wrong with that.

looking forward to receiving!