IGNORED

Pye Corner Audio - Black Mill Tapes Vol. 4

Tauhid

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, i can't quite understand the charm of this. differing tastes aside, i just find what i've heard of it straightforward in the extreme. what am i missing?

well, i can't quite understand the charm of this. differing tastes aside, i just find what i've heard of it straightforward in the extreme. what am i missing?

You just don't like it. Plain and simple, and that's fine. I'm waiting for the vinyl to arrive, although I already have Pt. three, I still need to hear four. I hope it's good!

Logboy, give a try this Black mill tapes vol 1, or releases that came out in 2012... Superstitious Century, Sleep games...

But you have to get into the "hauntology" thing. ;)

Logboy, give a try this Black mill tapes vol 1, or releases that came out in 2012... Superstitious Century, Sleep games...

But you have to get into the "hauntology" thing. ;)

i've tried streaming some of it on the bandcamp site - just feels empty. nothing there i struggle with, nothing feels blatantly not to my taste, i just find it bland.

so, i've been listening to this album for a while now and i can honestly say it's probably my favorite black mill tapes. i'm not entirely certain if it beats volume 2 but it's definitely as good as that album. i even think it's better than 'sleep games'

will be interesting to see what he does after this

fun fact: this is my first album for 2014

this is also my first album purchase of 2014, and why the fuck did I leave it this long to get into Pye Corner Audio?!

seriously, what the fuck was wrong with me?

I suffered from the same affliction. Downloaded all that shit the other day. It's fucking amazing

First couple of listens I wasn't too impressed, all sounded a bit basic.

BUT now I'm listening to it late at night with a fancy imported wheat beer on the go and the lights low, and it's actually very good indeed. The guy really knows his way round a melody.

I just put all the cassette tapes in my discogs wantlist

my wallet won't stop crying for months…

I have them all.. I asked Jenkins last week via Twitter if there will be a cassette edition of volume.4.. he said he isn't ruling it out!

ynujy4ym.jpg

Oh that was you. I saw that. I'm sure Further will do it. I was only a little bit late to the Pye Corner Party so I had to track down Volume two because it was the first and hardest to get. Disk Union in Japan had them but I had to find an exporter guy to buy it for me because they don't.

I just put all the cassette tapes in my discogs wantlist

my wallet won't stop crying for months…

I have them all.. I asked Jenkins last week via Twitter if there will be a cassette edition of volume.4.. he said he isn't ruling it out!

ynujy4ym.jpg

yeah I saw that pic earlier. jelly :(

i've got all the tapes and coloured vinyls now, just saying :biggrin:

Black Mill Tapes, like i've always said are better imo than Sleep Games, more restrained, grittier, raw, less polished and not too dancefloor housey, he should stay this way.

I find Legowelt now the same, gone off his work from the past 3-4 years mostly. He's still good at what he does, but i much prefer his older grittier dark electro during the bunker days, he's gone to hollywood now.

Think there's a 3 cd Black Mill Tapes 1-4 out soon. Sure it's available to pre-order.

Edit: dude's already mentioned this!

Yeah. Too bad that it's a jewel case though. I thought it was gonna be a nice multi-panel digipak like they did for the koner reissues.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the triple cd set a week now & had the chance to listen two or three times. The more up tempo tracks on vols 3 & 4 are the most immediate but a few of the other tracks are really starting to insinuate themselves into my brain (Theme Number Seven in particular) so I reckon the more chilled first disc will be a slow burner.

Well worth the £££

• 1 month later...

Archived