IGNORED

Oklahoma

keltoi

adieu, explain. What's so unhealthy? I'm genuinely curious, seeing as how I live in an apartment...in China...don't the paint fumes disperse after a few months at most? And if you drink bottled water, then you can avoid any metals in the pipes...what else is there?

A lot of different building materials like insulation for example, general construction of the dwelling lends itself to mold and fungus buildups like low level water leaks, air ducts tend to just blow nasty dust in your face all the time. I'm not even that knowledgeable about it, but there plenty of industrial type shit in your home you don't want to be exposed to. A lot of paints have heavy metals in them and other harmful stuff that you are literally surrounded by when you are at home. That "paint smell" is just the most volatile chemicals that disperse after a while. EMF's from all the wiring surrounding you can be damaging over time and especially if you happen to be sensitive. Mycotoxins literally create allergies. If you are allergic to some specific molds there is a likelihood that you just suffer from overexposure.

Bottle water is better than tap in most cases, but you are trading pharmaceutical, chemical, and low level bacterial exposure for lots of BPA's. The best method is to filter your tap water using a PUR or a better mineral filter.

I also have a bone to pick about my recent apartment having paper thin walls which is just a functional issue really.

I've been on this bulletproof kick for a while now and following a lot of stuff Dave Asprey goes by. I can't say I've fact checked any or all of it, but most if it is pretty logical especially if you hear him talk about it. I'm actually going to start a thread about it pretty soon so everyone can share their life/biohacks and healthy living stuff.

I welcome anyone weighing in and contradicting anything I say though.

it's like you just read some overly dramatic fear mongering and went...

OMG!!! RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!!

lol dave assprey.

Also, I didn't know England could get tornadoes! Interesting.

While the United Kingdom has more reported tornadoes, relative to its land area, than any other country excluding the Netherlands, the vast majority are weak.

adieu, explain. What's so unhealthy? I'm genuinely curious, seeing as how I live in an apartment...in China...don't the paint fumes disperse after a few months at most? And if you drink bottled water, then you can avoid any metals in the pipes...what else is there?

A lot of different building materials like insulation for example, general construction of the dwelling lends itself to mold and fungus buildups like low level water leaks, air ducts tend to just blow nasty dust in your face all the time. I'm not even that knowledgeable about it, but there plenty of industrial type shit in your home you don't want to be exposed to. A lot of paints have heavy metals in them and other harmful stuff that you are literally surrounded by when you are at home. That "paint smell" is just the most volatile chemicals that disperse after a while. EMF's from all the wiring surrounding you can be damaging over time and especially if you happen to be sensitive. Mycotoxins literally create allergies. If you are allergic to some specific molds there is a likelihood that you just suffer from overexposure.

Bottle water is better than tap in most cases, but you are trading pharmaceutical, chemical, and low level bacterial exposure for lots of BPA's. The best method is to filter your tap water using a PUR or a better mineral filter.

I also have a bone to pick about my recent apartment having paper thin walls which is just a functional issue really.

I've been on this bulletproof kick for a while now and following a lot of stuff Dave Asprey goes by. I can't say I've fact checked any or all of it, but most if it is pretty logical especially if you hear him talk about it. I'm actually going to start a thread about it pretty soon so everyone can share their life/biohacks and healthy living stuff.

lol dave assprey.

I don't want to derail this thread. I'll just wait until I start my other one about this stuff. People are seriously misinformed/not being critical enough is all I'm going to say.

lol dave assprey.

I don't want to derail this thread. I'll just wait until I start my other one about this stuff. People are seriously misinformed/not being critical enough is all I'm going to say.

i don't mind you discussing it here...what's going to happen from all this exposure? you'll eventually die? you know you will anyway?

sorry but dave assprey is an entrepreneur selling products, don't be a sucker.

heard about this story on Howard Stern:

holy shit, i think thats officially the first time a youtube video made me shed a tear. thanks for sharing

haha i was close too....i have such a soft spot for dogs.

lol dave assprey.

i don't mind you discussing it here...what's going to happen from all this exposure? you'll eventually die? you know you will anyway?

You don't even have to buy his products to do anything that he promotes so...which I don't btw.

drink proper coffee and add butter and MCT oil for a week and tell me it is bullshit.

Also, it all has basis in science and research.

lol dave assprey.

You don't even have to buy his products to do anything that he promotes so...which I don't btw.

drink proper coffee and add butter and MCT oil for a week and tell me it is bullshit.

in your new thread you list all the supplements you're taking. i think you're wasting your money.

lol dave assprey.

in your new thread you list all the supplements you're taking. i think you're wasting your money.

I'll respond in the other thread.

i read that a lot of the houses didn't have cellars cos of the hard ground and people were left exposed. it's baffling given the relative wealth of the US, that houses in a tornado hotspot would be built from sticks, but you're saying that's the norm nationwide. why you think that is? money saving or just cos that's how it's always been done there? given the devastation caused by the likes of hurricane katrina and this sort of thing(which is likely to happen again and again, especially in this location).

genuine lol

have you seen trailer park communities?

these people are dirt poor.

sorry, i didn't realise it was a trailer park. joyrex said they have basements. :wacko:

Not all areas of the South or Midwest are trailer parks - that's a bit of a running joke here in the States that tornadoes typically seem to target trailer parks as they get the most damaged by a tornado (since they are simply flimsy boxes on concrete blocks in most cases, not even anchored to the ground).

We are a country run by businesses that attempt to make the highest profit margins possible and you are surprised by our shitty building standards?

Also, it is super disappointing that most of the southern homes don't have basements. Up north everyone has them, and basements are awesome.

I'm curious how many meth labs got blown away.

i'm a bit surprised by your shitty building standards given that many parts of your country are prone to such extreme weather. i realise that most of the homes devastated in katrina were old, ill kept dwellings in poorer neighbourhoods but as joyrex mentioned, even affluent people live in houses of wood, and they'd be torn apart by this kind of event just the same.

Nature doesn't discriminate between poor or rich - the reality is if people choose to live in these areas, they have to be prepared for the potential consequences of a weather event wiping their home out. It's like all the people who live in Los Angeles, despite the fact it's near a major fault line that is prone to earthquakes. People live along the Gulf Coast despite the propensity of hurricanes. Look at what happened in New Jersey with Sandy - although many of the buildings that are older are probably constructed with longevity in mind, they still succumed to the flood waters and winds.

Well I live in the South and they wouldn't sell us Flood insurance because they said it doesn't flood in this area. A few summers later it flooded in our area... Nature doesn't discriminate but man sure does enough discrimination for nature.

Are you sure? Flood insurance is offered by the Federal government, not your local insurance - I can't think of a situation where they wouldn't sell you it BECAUSE the area historically does not flood - I would imagine the opposite.

Archived