IGNORED

Frame 3 Sampler for Reaktor

Guest peterdines

Guest peterdines

framegui.png

Frame is a simple Reaktor sampler I built to implement a type of freeform looping and creative sampling I felt was missing from most other software samplers on the market. Frame allows you to define a window of sound and sweep it across the sample as it plays without glitching or popping.

Get it here

Guest peterdines

Very happy people are getting some use out of it. Curious what you'll do with it in your track, Hanratty.

Looking forward to trying frame 3, thanks for posting.

re: Kakapo, There are several different ones I use that all have a particular focus.

Spiral is a great semi random sequencer that can lock to scale mode and uses a rotating circle where you can offset the timing of the patterns the farther they get from the center.

Akkord is a very nice chord sequencer, has a bunch of built in chord types but you can also manually draw your own in

SQp is a very typical piano roll type sequencer in reaktor, once you get used to the interface its pretty much the best most straight forward polyphonic sequencer available for Reaktor. It's also built in to the library of Reaktor 5.

I've used all of these with external synths. At this point I have been mainly using reaktor as a very powerful/dynamic controller to send midi signals to all my external gear. I've constructed CC virtual knob front ends for most of my synths as well. Almost seems totally backwards to do it this way but i prefer having the virtual knobs all on one screen VS going to each hardware unit and physically messing around with them.

Thanks, I'm looking to use it with my MS6 which has the CC mod, may have to spend some time coming up with a control panel and combining it with a sequencer.

Guest peterdines

I second Spiral and Akkord. SQP I find a bit fiddly. Might as well use a DAW at that point.

yeah while SQP is a nice attempt at a functioning piano roll, it's essentially a stripped down version of superior piano roll modes found in Logic, Abelton and Cubase

if it had some Reaktor-esque hacking features like reverse, invert, lock to scale, and just other interesting mods you can do on the sequence you just laid down it would be pretty nice.

Thanks, I'm looking to use it with my MS6 which has the CC mod, may have to spend some time coming up with a control panel and combining it with a sequencer.

looks like a cool synth, when you say it has the CC mod do you mean it has more than 3 available CC parameters? The midi implementation chart shows only 3, modulation wheel, volume and sustain.

if you do decide to make a front end it's very simple, all you do is make an empty 'instrument' and load it full of module--->midi---->controller objects (one for each CC you want to use) and create a panel knob going into each one. Then you just go into each controller's info/options and change the CC value to correspond with the ones you are controlling. Send midi out of the instrument to the right channel and port and it should start working automatically.

Re: MIDI sequencers in Reaktor - you might find this guide to adding MIDI out to Krypt useful -

http://www.reaktortips.com/2013/05/adding-midi-out-to-reaktor-krypt-and.html

thats awesome, going to try this today. I just learned something new from that page, that AU is not capable of midi out. That explains my ridiculous amount of frustration in trying to figure out how to send midi out when Reaktor is an AU, hehe.

Guest Hanratty

I went ahead and bought Peter's 3 pack of Reaktor ensembles. I am so glad I did. If you like Frame, the Loupe 2 and Mirage ensembles are so easy and useful and creative. I have them both hooked up through Numerology stacks to my Nanokontrol. I feel like I'm Four Tet with these.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived