IGNORED

Reach for the Dead - New Single Available For Download From Bleep!

Joyrex

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Masters of emotions

While I absolutely agree, I think there is still a fair bit of expectation/guided reception involved. We know this is BoC, we know they're back, we have all these memories etc ... I always imagine this scenario: How would I have reacted to this track, had it been posted in "Your Latest Creations" by some user? I don't know whether I'd have re-played it as many times to discover the additional hidden beauty...! But I think it's safe to say that I'd still think it's quite good!

Getting shivers all over this track, love the beat and the layers of synths the just build on one another. I dont think anything can beat Geogaddi but this comes close

Geogaddi is an album, this is just one track and it already came close ... I'd say we're in for something!

Anyone hear a vocal sample at 3:25?

Seems a bit hidden in there.

I'm not sure. I hear what you mean, but I think that might just be a different kind of modified sample, not one of a voice. It's hard to tell with the digital compression (I only got the audio of the YouTube- and Soundcloud-Versions - someone who's got the (pseudo-)flac could perhaps tell you more)

Masters of emotions

While I absolutely agree, I think there is still a fair bit of expectation/guided reception involved. We know this is BoC, we know they're back, we have all these memories etc ... I always imagine this scenario: How would I have reacted to this track, had it been posted in "Your Latest Creations" by some user? I don't know whether I'd have re-played it as many times to discover the additional hidden beauty...! But I think it's safe to say that I'd still think it's quite good!

Getting shivers all over this track, love the beat and the layers of synths the just build on one another. I dont think anything can beat Geogaddi but this comes close

Geogaddi is an album, this is just one track and it already came close ... I'd say we're in for something!

I'm not sure. I hear what you mean, but I think that might just be a different kind of modified sample, not one of a voice. It's hard to tell with the digital compression (I only got the audio of the YouTube- and Soundcloud-Versions - someone who's got the (pseudo-)flac could perhaps tell you more)

if someone would've posted this in ylc i would've been blown away.

Yes its there. I listen'd to the bleep mp3 a couple more times and was going to comment about this really cool lick that happens at about 3:28. Went back and noticed the voice or something at 3:24, right as the drums drop in. And then like this really cool background arp lick going on for about 20 seconds and then the string pads come in.

Just too fucking cool.

32,000 listens in roughly 3 hours, holy fuck. is that not pop music style famous?

they must be set to make a fortune off this album, and good for them.

Yes its there. I listen'd to the bleep mp3 a couple more times and was going to comment about this really cool lick that happens at about 3:28. Went back and noticed the voice or something at 3:24, right as the drums drop in. And then like this really cool background arp lick going on for about 20 seconds and then the string pads come in.

Just too fucking cool.

yup, it's definitely there. a guy saying "listen" is what it sounds like, although i can't be positive.

what do you think the sound at 3:29 is? sounds like air going through a valve or something. like scuba gear. interesting.

Just too fucking cool.

yup, it's definitely there. a guy saying "listen" is what it sounds like, although i can't be positive.

what do you think the sound at 3:29 is? sounds like air going through a valve or something. like scuba gear. interesting.

I think it's just an arp track. Maybe that's oversimplifying though. The same timbre is there around 3:15 when the drums fade out, but it is slowly going up in pitch. And then the "listen" sample plays, the drums come in, and then it kind of peaks, plays that melodic bit I was swooning over, and then goes down in pitch.

Pleasant enough but kind of underwhelming. The drums add nothing to speak of and the token bitcrushed beats at the end seemed a bit uninspired. Then again I haven't really loved a boc track since MHRTC. Cool video though.

Pleasant enough but kind of underwhelming. The drums add nothing to speak of and the token bitcrushed beats at the end seemed a bit uninspired. Then again I haven't really loved a boc track since MHRTC. Cool video though.

This minus the MHTRTC comment

I'm really not feeling this track. The synths are alright but nothing hair-raising for me

Also not really liking the invariable static repeats throughout the track. Doesn't feel organic, it feels too "perfect"

I think if this were randomly posted on Youtube I'd call it a fake for the first few minutes of it, then middle area is real, then last half is also real but the drums just aren't working

What's the deal with the announcement by joyrex saying we can't share links or youtube videos of the track, but there is a youtube and soundcloud link at the bottom of the post?

I think he meant no sharing downloaded mp3's or unofficial youtube/souncloud uploads. but now that there's an official video, no need for that

Archived