IGNORED

Reach for the Dead - New Single Available For Download From Bleep!

Joyrex

I've had a really busy day, but it was very nice to come home to this. I just stopped by to say "FUCK YES". So good. I'm going to sit out on my back deck and enjoy the sunset with a white tea, chocolate, and this track on repeat.

I've noticed that several people have already stated this before (and so have I, in other threads), but 2013 is already the best year in music for me, hands down.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you choose not to listen you're missing the chance to have your mind blown along with the rest of us.

I prefer listening to albums as a whole, rather than bits and pieces here and there. I'm ok to wait until either a full legit release, or a full leak. I'm not gonna go as far as to wait for the vinyl until my first listen.

We should respect opinions like this. Not everybody wants to hear snippets.

I did download the single but only because I'd already heard it a dozen tunes on the ustream thing - and it has been made an official release by the record label.

Otherwise, I'm happy to wait for the rest.

Also, as a side note, could everyone on here kindly refrain from visiting bleep when the digital versions become available?

I don't want a bunch of unwashed losers scrabbling to get their mp3s as this will impede access to my 24bit WAVs.

You know it makes sense.

Thanks guys.

I like it, brings lots of spacey philosophical nostalgic feelings which what i look for in ELM, i havent had feelings like these since i first listen to the artificial intelligence series s this makes me very happy.

I love the video too, that part from @3.27 to the end is awesome.

Guest dylanmcknd

I like it. I'm not completely blown away like some people are, though. I think this seems like the right track to release to the public early, since they had to release something.

Video is fantastic.

I like it. I'm not completely blown away like some people are, though. I think this seems like the right track to release to the public early, since they had to release something.

Video is fantastic.

word, agreed. Love the video. Track is ok.

If you choose not to listen you're missing the chance to have your mind blown along with the rest of us.

I prefer listening to albums as a whole, rather than bits and pieces here and there. I'm ok to wait until either a full legit release, or a full leak. I'm not gonna go as far as to wait for the vinyl until my first listen.

We should respect opinions like this. Not everybody wants to hear snippets.

I did download the single but only because I'd already heard it a dozen tunes on the ustream thing - and it has been made an official release by the record label.

Otherwise, I'm happy to wait for the rest.

Also, as a side note, could everyone on here kindly refrain from visiting bleep when the digital versions become available?

I don't want a bunch of unwashed losers scrabbling to get their mp3s as this will impede access to my 24bit WAVs.

You know it makes sense.

Thanks guys.

totally agree. i listened to it (like it), and watched the video (loved it), but as i was doing so i was telling myself to wait for the entire album. oh well, i'm guessing it'll stick out like oscar see through red eye does off the campfire headphase, but it's just nice to have some new boc.

this won't go over well with the campfire headphase crowd, but i think (hope) this is going to be the proper follow up to geogaddi.

Pretty cool track, but what I'm mostly excited about is the vibe it gives off... this combined with the track from the announcement video (which I really hope is on the album in some form) sounds like another Geogaddi-esque album. Couldn't be more pumped for this!

Guest philia

what were the first tracks we heard off geogaddi and campfire? alpha & omega/oscar see through red eye? reach for the dead is much better than both of those imo

what were the first tracks we heard off geogaddi and campfire? alpha & omega/oscar see through red eye? reach for the dead is much better than both of those imo

Better than Alpha & Omega but not Oscar see through red eye.

Giving me stong Telefon Tel Aviv vibes. Also get a Godspeed vibe the way the guitar line builds up. Love this track already.

Guest jasondonervan

To me, the crunchy drums towards the end sound almost Elektron generated. Could be anything, of course.

Guest transmisiones ferox

Sound nice and maybe uplifting? dunno, overal like the song and the video is incredible, maybe give it another listen on the headphones and then just wait for the whole album to drop.

Love the video and the synths in the track. Still not feeling the bit-crushed drums or sequencer line that much. They're not bad though, just a bit ordinary and dated (to me.) Overall, a 'nice' enough track that really comes into it's own with the lovely video, and hopefully will do in the album!

Guest jasondonervan

Sound nice and maybe uplifting?

I agree, but it also has that signature boc sinister edge to it.

Archived