IGNORED

Reach for the Dead - New Single Available For Download From Bleep!

Joyrex

Interesting how the synth drone sounds virtually the same forwards or backwards...

Yeah, that seems to be a trademark of many reversed BoC tracks, the percussion being the main element that sounds noticeably different.

1:10 onward in the reversed version reminds me a bit of:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently they were going to call it "reach for the stars" but then reaslised S Club 7 already did a song of the same name. FACT

ohhh see I heard it was going to be "reach for the sky"

not feelin it. some of the drum work is neat, i'm getting a watered down TCH vibe though. the youtube comments are laughable, like this is the second coming or some shit.

I think it's more just an (over)reaction to the fact there's been no new BoC for the majority of most fans' lives...

That track by track review is torture!

you mean snappy muso-journo stuff like this...

Panning synths in the style of Oneohtrix Point Never unfurl

wtf? way to get your influences arse over tit.

It was a mostly descriptive review which is all i would want from a one time listen. At the very least, it makes me want to hear this a million times more now.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

i'm getting a watered down TCH vibe though.

Are you deaf or something?

Panning synths in the style of Oneohtrix Point Never unfurl

wtf? way to get your influences arse over tit.

yeah that was real srupid

Unless BoC say they made that track with a Juno-60, an akai delay pedal and edited it Goldwave, in which case the author would like

Rq3jY.gif

nah, i listened to it several times. yeah there are elements of geogaddi (unsettling chord/ambient wafts/drone), and the drum quality/programming recalls christ. (somewhat). i found the ambient washes sort of tired/cliched, the way the track grows and 'fills out' recalls TCH, for me. it sounds really polished, like TCH. knight rider melody's cool, i suppose.

but it sounds fresh... at least it sounded more humid the eighth time around.

Apparently they were going to call it "reach for the stars" but then reaslised S Club 7 already did a song of the same name. FACT

fucking lol. I'm actually watching toy story right now for the 300th this freakin week.

fucking lol. I'm actually watching toy story right now for the 300th this freakin week.

THERE'S A SNAKE IN MY BOOT!

I haven't watched it in ages even though it's one of my favorite movies. It'll be like seeing an old friend.

my son is obsessed. I crack up every time that little roller guy turns off woody's flashlight. the timing is just perfect.

sorry for toy story thread derail..

So campfag fuckface was their Bibio ripoff, this sounds like their Demdike Stare ripoff. Hopefully one of the missus will get knocked up again soon enough so they have an excuse to spend another 8 years arseing about devising an incoherent, tiresome and patronising pr campaign instead of doing their fucking job because, you know, families and stuff. Pretentious, work shy, inbred, jock wankpies.

I actually quite like it.

So campfag fuckface was their Bibio ripoff, this sounds like their Demdike Stare ripoff. Hopefully one of the missus will get knocked up again soon enough so they have an excuse to spend another 8 years arseing about devising an incoherent, tiresome and patronising pr campaign instead of doing their fucking job because, you know, families and stuff. Pretentious, work shy, inbred, jock wankpies.

I actually quite like it.

lol

Pretentious, work shy, inbred, jock wankpies.

Boorish to say the least

This tunes definitly a grower not a show-er. On the fifth listen just now i conclude its a good track.

Did you really? More info please if so!

Everyone who thinks the track is OK, keep listening. It might click.

I was skeptical of this initially, but I think you're right. The more I listen, the better it gets. :)

The progression in the last minute or so is particularly heart-wrenching.

I wonder how it does that ... seems to be a similar experience for most of us, "Well this is pretty neat!" on the first listen, "OMG Emotion" after multiple listens ... odd!

Dunno, I'm not hearing that at all ...

I literally listened to this all day at work today. On my crappy ear buds that came with the original gameboy.

So much quality in this track. Definitely single material. Lots of details.

Can't wait for the full thing

Archived