IGNORED

May 27th - 17:00 PDT - Tomorrow's Harvest Listening Party

Dale

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lake Dolores Waterpark video (taken from Twoism):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Dolores_Waterpark

It'll probably just be a listening party. But it does seem like the *perfect* place for a live gig. Anyone who goes should definitely bring recording equip.

I'm pissed, I come from CA, but now live in China. If I had been in my hometown, I could have easily driven down there. But this notice is too short, for me to have time to fly back. Effing hell. If it turns out to be a live gig, I'll never forgive myself.

By the way, it's timed to coincide with Memorial Day Holiday in the US. Problem is, most people probably already have plans. Can't think of anything better than having a tailgate barbecue listening to BoC...

Ok, screw it I think I am going to go.

So many things lined to make it even possible it seems like fate: 1) Was going to have to work all weekend but it resolved on Friday evening; 2) Girlfriend in Copenhagen ("you want to drive 250 miles round trip out to the desert to an abandoned water park for an event that will probably last five minutes???""); 3) Holiday Monday and no definite plans for Memorial Day; 4) And when the Japan thing happened I jokingly told myself I should fly there on a whim and was wishing they'd do an LA area event/promo stunt.

do it! And bring high-quality recording equip!

My guess: it will be a listening party for the complete album, along with *full* video accompaniment, with footage shot by Krug and crew. Just a hunch.

Of course, I would hope it was a live gig, but if past history is any indication, BoC are shy of traveling outside their comfort zone (especially where live gigs are concerned). Would love to be proven wrong.

This thread belongs on Twoism.

Two extremely reclusive musicians who haven't played live in over a decade decide to give free performance of new album on an island in the middle of a lake for fifteen to twenty people standing around drinking beer.

Really?

This thread belongs on Twoism.

Two extremely reclusive musicians who haven't played live in over a decade decide to give free performance of new album on an island in the middle of a lake for fifteen to twenty people standing around drinking beer.

Really?

A free show for 15 to 20 people drinking beer in the middle of nowhere sounds like a BoC gig to me. It's a far way to Cali from Scotland and that's really the only factor I think makes it unlikely.

I'm also skeptical it will be a gig, as I've said. But something is definitely going down, for sure.

I think it's either:

1) a new track (this would be lame, not worth the trouble)

2) a screening of the full album

3) a screening of the full album with video by Krug & co.

I suspect (and hope) it is #3.

I'm also skeptical it will be a gig, as I've said. But something is definitely going down, for sure.

I think it's either:

1) a new track (this would be lame, not worth the trouble)

2) a screening of the full album

3) a screening of the full album with video by Krug & co.

I suspect (and hope) it is #3.

I bet its just one track. That beings being completely trolled which I put at a 30% chance.

Guest EleminoP

Looks like I'll be going as well. Should be a good trip. Unfortunately I do not have recording equipment with me.

Ok, a friend of a friend of mine is good friends with the bros and he said it's going to be a live performance of "The Joshua Tree" by U2, with Mike and Marcus joining in on xylophone. Just fyi.

Guest PYITE

I'm assuming Newberry Springs, CA has a city hall. Why doesn't someone call them in the morning and ask "Can you confirm or deny that a permit has been issued for an outdoor gathering in your town today (May 27th)? Possibly at Lake Dolores Water Park?".... You can't just have a show outdoors and envite people to come without a permit, otherwise I don't foresee it lasting very long. There is always a paper trail. Just a thought, I'm new around here so I don't really expect anyone to listen to me.

Archived