IGNORED

May 27th - 17:00 PDT - Tomorrow's Harvest Listening Party

Dale

Guest jasondonervan

Just had a thought... imagine Boc were MAKING a video at the waterpark with fans as extras secretly filmed LOOKING and taking video/film of BoC-like artifacts

Now that would be cool

even more meta: BoC release a virus into the crowd during playback of their album which triggers the zombie apocalypse, thereby releasing their soundtrack to the zombie apocalypse and starting the apocalypse at the same time.

Their cult status thereby consummated, and untouchable forever.

:boc:

andromeda%2Bstrain.png

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

Very interesting space!

Hey kids, shall we go and check out the Arcade? I bet there are tons of great games for us to play!

JySV7xul.jpg

Oh.

Guest Capt Kittinger

Does anyone know what happened to this Lake Dolores place? Amazing that something can open in 1999 and be like this less than 15 years later.

Guest jasondonervan

Does anyone know what happened to this Lake Dolores place? Amazing that something can open in 1999 and be like this less than 15 years later.

All dried up

Guest Capt Kittinger

All dried up

Thanks, interesting read! Funny how the demand seemed to be there but it still didn't work out.

All dried up

reminds me of the salton sea.

The Val Kilmer movie?

Actually their choice of location reminded me that I needed to read the Wikipedia entry on Action Park again. :smile:

lol, Salton Sea isn't just the name of the Val Kilmer movie.

When I first saw the flyover at the end of the Reach for the Dead video, I thought it might be the Salton Sea. After combing google, not so sure. It's either completely computer generated, or a composite of computer and real footage. I suppose it could be some real place like Mono Lake...

(of course the Nat'l Geo rectangle and 3 suns are cg, that's a given).

All dried up

The Val Kilmer movie?

Actually their choice of location reminded me that I needed to read the Wikipedia entry on Action Park again. :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_sea

I'm not sure why you guys assume something is happening at this place. Have you considered the possibility that they just wanted a cool desert landscape photo and the actual location has nothing to do with anything?

I'm not sure why you guys assume something is happening at this place. Have you considered the possibility that they just wanted a cool desert landscape photo and the actual location has nothing to do with anything?

This thread needs Archival.

Lol, apparently there's a tag hidden in the image that pinpoints the park gate. So people are saying over on Twoism.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting tired of this shit now. I've promotion drip feed fatigue at this point.

I don't want anything else until the official release.

All dried up

The Val Kilmer movie?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salton_sea

i actually think salton sea is a better location. they should have asked me first.

All of this promotion bullshit makes my decision not to listen to anything before the release somehow painful. Hope I'll get through that unharmed..

Lol, apparently there's a tag hidden in the image that pinpoints the park gate. So people are saying over on Twoism.

I never thought I'd say this but I'm getting tired of this shit now. I've promotion drip feed fatigue at this point.

don't give in now, everyone fancies a good treasure hunt

if they perform live at that old waterpark tonight, that would be a huge payoff. If people drive through a desert to hear track projected like in Tokyo, that would be a let down.

if they perform live at that old waterpark tonight, that would be a huge payoff. If people drive through a desert to hear track projected like in Tokyo, that would be a let down.

They're not going to play live. Two reclusive, completely media shy musicians who haven't performed live in over ten years and only given one interview in the past eight years are just not going to perform at a desert location out in the middle of nowhere for a small group of fans standing around drinking beer and reminiscing about how they found Old Tunes Vol 1 on Soulseek.

Think of the logistics involved and the security.

It would be cool but it's just fantasy, I reckon.

Archived