IGNORED

May 27th - 17:00 PDT - Tomorrow's Harvest Listening Party

Dale

I'd be going if it was down the road, though in America/Canada/Australia 'down the road' takes on a different meaning.

I once asked some bloke in Australia where the campsite was (I was walking with full backpack), he told it was just round the corner. Two hours later I was still walking lol (it wasn't funny at the time). Round the corner is 15 minutes where I come from.

I wouldn't call two hours of walking 'round the corner'. Well unless it was a very straight road and the bend was 16 kilometers away, and i was a cattle farmer in a beaten up hilux with a distaste for british backpackers.

Yeah the U.S. is funny because the further you go west the more driving is involved. On one extreme I have relatives in rural Wyoming who say "I'm just going 'to the city' for an errand" and it's literally a 2+ hour round trip to a large town called Sheridan. The closet town to them is called Arvada and is about 30-40 minutes away but the population is 30 people or so and the only business there is a bar consisting of a fridge stocked with Coors, Miller and a Bud Light. On the other extreme everything in the NE is pretty urban. I had a friend from Connecticut who would talk about going to NYC to see a movie when he was bored as if it was just a regular evening outing.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Unrelated, but excellent Pete & Pete avatar!

thanks! I needed a change up in my avatar - found it one nice P + P tumblr, it's a particularly good episode

I'd be going if it was down the road, though in America/Canada/Australia 'down the road' takes on a different meaning.

I once asked some bloke in Australia where the campsite was (I was walking with full backpack), he told it was just round the corner. Two hours later I was still walking lol (it wasn't funny at the time). Round the corner is 15 minutes where I come from.

I wouldn't call two hours of walking 'round the corner'. Well unless it was a very straight road and the bend was 16 kilometers away, and i was a cattle farmer in a beaten up hilux with a distaste for british backpackers.

Yeah the U.S. is funny because the further you go west the more driving is involved. On one extreme I have relatives in rural Wyoming who say "I'm just going 'to the city' for an errand" and it's literally a 2+ hour round trip to a large town called Sheridan. The closet town to them is called Arvada and is about 30-40 minutes away but the population is 30 people or so and the only business there is a bar consisting of a fridge stocked with Coors, Miller and a Bud Light. On the other extreme everything in the NE is pretty urban. I had a friend from Connecticut who would talk about going to NYC to see a movie when he was bored as if it was just a regular evening outing.

Not to drive this too far off topic, but New England as a whole isn't that urban, most of northern and western NE. Maine, NH and Vermont are quite rural. Both Maine and New Hampshire still have unicorporated settlements. It's not Wyoming-rural, but it's far from urban, though your general point about the northeast being dense is true, it becomes less true into NH, certainly past Manchester

tumblr_mnh4j9fSmL1spvmh6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnh4j9fSmL1spvmh6o1_1280.jpg

on one hand, it's cool that he's complying with being "discrete" in his tweeting. on the other hand, DON'T BE DISCRETE TELL US EVERYTHING.

i need to go take a nap or something until this is over, i don't want to sit here hitting refresh for the next several hours.

tumblr_mnh4j9fSmL1spvmh6o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnh4j9fSmL1spvmh6o1_1280.jpg

on one hand, it's cool that he's complying with being "discrete" in his tweeting. on the other hand, DON'T BE DISCRETE TELL US EVERYTHING.

i need to go take a nap or something until this is over, i don't want to sit here hitting refresh for the next several hours.

yeah totally. he's like "i'm there now. gonna stop tweeting."

Guest jasondonervan

Even from the light activity on-site so far, this is starting to seem like a lot of time/money/effort involved for just a few determined local fans who could make it out there. Expecting a step up from the video broadcast in Tokyo.

from twoism:

Holy fuck, truck from SIR arrived at waterpark

That means soundsystem

http://www.sir-usa.com/sir-audio.php

If they are really playing live, its going to remind me of Pink Floyds Pompei live gig . They where also just a few people there in the middle of ruins

PinkFloydPompei-0009.JPG

Archived