IGNORED

May 27th - 17:00 PDT - Tomorrow's Harvest Listening Party

Dale

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

regardless of how it all goes down I have to say I'm pretty impressed by the whole idea. If they got a permit, im surprised. It seems like a pretty weird thing for a small city to allow, attracting weed smoking fans from across the country to a random spot in the middle of the california desert. IF they didn't get a permit it's also impressive since BOC has enough popularity to at least tip off the authorities. Really interested to see how it unfolds. Somebody needs to hook up a ustream app on their phone and just start broadcasting for the rabid fans.

if they are going to set up some speakers and play the album, they most certainly have permission. I don't think warp has trespassing in mind for promo stunts.

Still seems like a legal liability to allow people to hang out in any abandoned structure.

absolutely. that's why I'm sure they went through the proper channels.

what i meant was, illegaly might even be easier. If any of the higher structures are still standing, it seems like unless they hire security for the event getting an insurance policy for a public event at an abandoned place that is probably falling apart and dangerous would be difficult for an affordable price. I can't even begin to imagine what kind of 'proper' channels one would have to go through to have a public event at an abandoned place like this.

Guest Dogboy73

The video obviously indicates something to do with that water park. Something must be going on ............ 1 gold star for me from the University of stating the bleeding obvious! :-/

If Warp just paid the land owners a chunk of cash would that circumvent all the legality issues of needing insurance & permits?

technically yes, especially if it's just a private investor and not a firm or a company that holds the rights to the land. I would suspect land like this though would probably not just be owned by a single individual, who the fuck knows though. I'm sure someone could find out looking online via property records

depending on the city laws it might be totally legal if a private landowner wanted to have amplified sound on his or her property and make it open to the public. I know here in Oakland if I wanted to throw a party out of my own home with amplified sound and members of the public openly invited, even if I didn't charge money i would still be breaking what's called the 'caberet' laws of the city. Even a coffee shop with a guitar player and his own amp is technically breaking the law if they dont file a cabaret permit

something like this what BOC is setting out to do would probably be more legally tricky than just doing something on public land/california desert area.

Guest Papillon

Why are we talking about permits again? What do you guys think of my new profile pic? I drew it myslef.

Guest ZombieLincoln666

those who are saying a live performance is impossible...while highly unlikely, one thing about electronic music is it should be highly portable...right?

what if they hire midgets to play their tunes?

Archived