IGNORED

Jacquard Causeway

Alzado

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BoC is extremely high quality recordings of degraded sound, which is different to shitty recordings of extremely high quality recordings of degraded sound.

i'm not angry, i just know these recording aren't doing the tunes justice.

it's a prime example of "i guess you had to be there".

"press play!"

"stop shining that thing in my face!"

"it's just, you gotta let your eyes adjust to the light, it's dark so you have to let your eyes adjust to the light"

& etc

(my apologies for paraphrasing such thoughtful gems)

Have been listening to those live tracks forever, and the idiotic chatter has sort of become part of the tracks. Have learned to live with it.

Although! I guess this sort of proves your point...

Incidentally, I do remember Marcus saying in an interview that in the early Redmoon party days, they designed the music for the doppler effect you'd get when they were played back in a forest setting (or something along those lines).

So maybe they figured the desert wind might actually enhance this particular set of tunes (or at least, not detract from them...)

Guest ZombieLincoln666
i'm not angry, i just know these recording aren't doing the tunes justice.

Damn, i think u could b right

This track has me really worried. I don't like it at all, it just sounds like filler to me. Maybe it's just the horrible recording, but I doubt that. I'd be ok with it if it were like 45 seconds long, but holy shit.. ugh.

....Actually, it's much better now that I'm listening through headphones. I couldn't hear the bassline at all before, and it makes a huge difference. I should have known better.

This track has me really worried. I don't like it at all, it just sounds like filler to me. Maybe it's just the horrible recording, but I doubt that. I'd be ok with it if it were like 45 seconds long, but holy shit.. ugh.

....Actually, it's much better now that I'm listening through headphones. I couldn't hear the bassline at all before, and it makes a huge difference. I should have known better.

If you don't like this track then I don't know how you could possibly like any of the Old Tunes stuff.

In that case, maybe BoC isn't for you.

If you don't like this track then I don't know how you could possibly like any of the Old Tunes stuff.

Ex-fucking-zactly

This track is a goddamn classic already - it totally reminds me of that Twoism/Sixtyniner style melancholy, plus Powerline Misfortune

It's amazing

full version of the track sounds like one of the high points of the album to me...though for some reason it cuts off abruptly? They should have let it fade out...

that was just that specific edit of the song for that youtube upload. dont worry, it's not the full track, just 5:54 seconds of it...

I don't know why. This was the first track that came to mind upon hearing this.

I genuinely love it (also, fucking love Jacquard Causeway).

Archived