IGNORED

Jacquard Causeway

Alzado

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This track has me really worried. I don't like it at all, it just sounds like filler to me. Maybe it's just the horrible recording, but I doubt that. I'd be ok with it if it were like 45 seconds long, but holy shit.. ugh.

....Actually, it's much better now that I'm listening through headphones. I couldn't hear the bassline at all before, and it makes a huge difference. I should have known better.

If you don't like this track then I don't know how you could possibly like any of the Old Tunes stuff.

In that case, maybe BoC isn't for you.

I clearly stated that it sounds much better on headphones... and FUCKING LOL!!!! are you serious? You cannot be telling me that if I don't love that track, that "BoC may not be for me", as if I haven't been listening to them for the past 15 years. I know what I like, and I'm extremely picky but so be it. Also, we haven't even HEARD the track yet.

I should explain. With an album like this, I just can't have there be a single track that I don't like.. I don't mind that there will be, or may be other tracks in this style on the album. I was just "worried" because I didn't like the track at first. I've been waiting 7 or 8 years for this, actually about 12 if you don't count Headphase. I don't like some of that album, and there are tracks that I have to actually skip, and that's no good. I very much overreacted at first. The bass line actually smooths out the entire affair on Causeway, which I just couldn't initially hear for a variety of reasons. I didn't want to have to skip one single fucking track on this new album. (doesn't matter because I now have already heard most of it on the now deleted Dolores Waterpark recording, and I know the album is going to be a stone cold CLASSIC)

are you a Long Time Lurker? if you're not then i believe you.

that btw is not the name of the bonus track from the brothers

:cerious:

I have no idea what you're talking about. What is there to believe me about? I'm just asking.

you mean you don't think I've been listening to BoC for 15 years? Yes, I have been. I bought MHTRTC on a whim in 1998 and never looked back. I just don't like Headphase. Am I still in the "brotherhood"? or does that disqualify me? I'm sorry. I just have REALLY high expectations for this album after that.

This is ridiculous anyway. I don't want to derail this thread, I'd rather hear other member's impressions of the Causeway track. Good day sir.

bocpages just shared this "review" from some guy Koen Pooman:

Translation by Bing may be slightly shitty but here it is.

BOARDS OF CANADA-Tomorrow's HARVEST (WARP/V2)
A disclaimer in advance: this is not a deliberate judgment, this is the first impression of a fan who on May 15, twice to the new album by his favorite band has allowed to listen on the Head Office of the Dutch Distributor and know that the plates of his favorite band only come down after a few months and years later still just suddenly the tears loose. A fan that are realistic enough to realize that his heroes will delight him anymore and who secretly hopes that any plate any sounds like that before that, even though there gaping hole of eight years between.
Well, that fan notes that day satisfied that there is nothing new under the Hexagon Sun is. From really nothing shows that the world just is continue since Marcus and Michael Sandison for last of itself did speak from their bunker. The 17 tracks of tomorrow's Harvest do not contain any influences that not already on The Campfire Headphase (2005). Their electronics (without guitar loops this time) still sounds equally mysterious, psychedelic, heartbreaking and Bewitched.
That you can explain it, but if a stop turn the prefer to: no group sounds so as himself and refers thus to the world (nostalgic) that they themselves created it as Boards Of Canada. As if they spent eight years in a cocoon and now uitvliegt as a rare butterfly. Very even, at the playful melody line hopped from Palace Posy, they did me at The Black Dog/Plaid thinking, but otherwise had no one able to make this record, not even with the templates out there now for 15 years.
Gemini (a reference to the brother band?) opens characteristic as theme song from the 1970s; halfway through track two, Reach For The Dead, prints the icy BoC-beat, a combination of rolling and clickende sounds, are watermark in the false synthgeluid – another trademark – and then you know: soon there will be a Rainbow in the sky appear. Jacquard Causeway, the fourth and longest number, is such a magical moment, as different keyboard motifs slowly blend into a bare piece of minimal music that you the depth in sucks.
Only then, in the Telepath, diving voices on. ' Testing 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10. ' It is, with devilish voice distortion, indeed, and Hooray, Boards Of Canada by numbers (what Beelzebub this time has to say we will know once the most dedicated fans Split Your Infinities have turned backwards). Cold Earth is then just such a hallucinating ride as Left Side Drive of the last Trans Canada Highway EP (2006) with, on the basis of these initial rounds, the most beautiful vistas. Sick Times, Palace Posy (with really something of a refrain similar to ' 1969 in the sunshine '), Nothing Is Real and New Seeds are the other immediately catchy, more rhythmic tracks. Listen especially how the synththema of New Seeds after four minutes, as the Sun is broken up by the cloud cover breaks, so graceful.
It is the last light before we go into the tunnel. With Come To Dust (a reference to Shakespeare's Cymbeline?) and the slowly dying Semena Mertvykh (Russian for Seeds Of The Dead) ends tomorrow's Harvest like The Campfire Headphase in minor, at death, already the leitmotif of this plate, so it seems. And so there remains plenty to guessing about after this rare sign of life of the most enigmatic band of the last twenty years. KOEN POOLMAN (Translated by Bing)

you mean you don't think I've been listening to BoC for 15 years? Yes, I have been. I bought MHTRTC on a whim in 1998 and never looked back. I just don't like Headphase. Am I still in the "brotherhood"? or does that disqualify me? I'm sorry. I just have REALLY high expectations for this album after that.

This is ridiculous anyway. I don't want to derail this thread, I'd rather hear other member's impressions of the Causeway track. Good day sir.

hahaha oh dear, just having you on mate. never said i don't think that at all, just asked a question. relaxy posy

hahaha oh dear, just having you on mate. never said i don't think that at all, just asked a question. relaxy posy

LOL.. ok. yeah, I take this shit too seriously sometimes. Cool.. and for the record, I absolutely adore "Slow This Bird Down". Also, I'm no longer concerned about this album being great. It's becoming astonishingly clear to me. I'm just tense, and want the fucking album already.

when all is said and done...I don't like this track. I like the bassline a lot, but the chiming whatever sounds (treated horns?) are annoying. I think they got the inspiration from seagull calls overlapping, and then tried to achieve the same effect with synths...but, it's just too much imo. The overlapping chiming gets on my nerves.

when all is said and done...I don't like this track. I like the bassline a lot, but the chiming whatever sounds (treated horns?) are annoying. I think they got the inspiration from seagull calls overlapping, and then tried to achieve the same effect with synths...but, it's just too much imo. The overlapping chiming gets on my nerves.

It's definitely the weakest track on the album. I hope it's positioned well on the vinyl so I can easily skip it.

I think it is definitely the most emotional for me on the album, the last couple minutes really put me in a whole other place. Definitely on par with some of their more emotional driven tracks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived