IGNORED

Jacquard Causeway

Alzado

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just love all the crazy mathematics in this song, the 4/4 synths clashing with the 3/4 beat, rotating around that snare on the third 4/4 count. For me it's far more pleasurable to listen to going along with the 4/4, really opens the song up.

Guest murphythecat8

the build up is just so nice. it grows and grows until yoour blown away. totally psychadelic!

the build up is just so nice. it grows and grows until yoour blown away. totally psychadelic!

I hate the track in the beginning, but it becomes quite nice by the end. Well done.

it feels out of place for a reason... it's a perfect contrast to the overall sound of this album. it seems to be a grower for most; once you hear it in the right setting/state you'll be hooked...

this is the only track I'm meh about. it feels so out of place.

agreed, also for me it seems out of place. I havent wrapped my head around this track yet, not saying I don't like it but it hasn't worked its magic on me yet. Saying that I have some herb on order and I have a feeling this track while stoned might be mindblowing. We shall see...

agreed, also for me it seems out of place. I havent wrapped my head around this track yet, not saying I don't like it but it hasn't worked its magic on me yet. Saying that I have some herb on order and I have a feeling this track while stoned might be mindblowing. We shall see...

Yep, I sussed this out the other night when stoned. Loops, innit, fading away and new notes being added. Sounded pretty random before the spliffs.

yup mindphaser, it sounds messy and out of synch (intentionally no doubt), at least to me. pretty sure some green will let me join the dots on this.

Guest murphythecat8

I hate the track in the beginning, but it becomes quite nice by the end. Well done.

at first, I didnt like it too, but the sequencing and the build up got me!

nice modular btw, lucky you!

haha yea. i have a really good buddy who is out in cali at the moment, due home at the end of the month. once he arrives, myself, him and one other buddy are planning to have a big fire at my house and have a th listening party in my backyard. i expect that track to unfold proper that evening.

Guest Dogboy73

I wasn't initially all that impressed with Jacquard Causeway. But currently it's my favourite track! Loving it right now.

i usually listen to boc tracks by paying attention to the drums and let everything else flutter around me. i tried doing the opposite with this, just paying attention to everything else and letting the drums flicker around and it sounded a zillion times better. it is not my fav track by any means but it is certainly one of the most interesting tracks for sure.

I've been waiting 7 or 8 years for this, actually about 12 if you don't count Headphase. I don't like some of that album, and there are tracks that I have to actually skip, and that's no good.

Huh? you don't rate TCH because you have to actually skip tracks? what like half of them? Fair enough, but i rate it akin to Geo and MHTRTC if not above. Fuck! waiting 12 years you'd have massive expectations i assume.

Anyway this track is beautiful. People saying its emotional... well i agree, and also from my first listen i was completely taken in by the weeping, overlapping melodies and big synth harmony's washing over the beat effortlessly. On an emotional level this track reminds me of Draun Quarter, which is maybe my favorite AE track ever.

I don't know I don't feel like this track's out of place. And It's one of the few I really love. I like how the little bits of melodies seem to just come out of thin air, and they all compliment each other. It's not really random either, it's put together thoughtfully and the build up at the latter half is fantastic.

Guest Alex0112

By far the best track on the album in my opinion. Blows my mind that there's not more of a consensus on this being one of the stronger pieces on the album and perhaps even in their catalogue.

On my first listen through the album, when this track opens up at around 3:50, it finally hit me that I was listening to the new BoC...chills down my spine and everything. I honestly feel the rest of the album was a a bit underwhelming following the climax of this track....just supremely blissful.

Has everyone realised it's the best track yet?

Be sure to update your votes in te poll to make it right.

This track is magical the way it builds, wd the lads.

Archived