IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Live Album Transmission - June 3rd

lawrenke

listened to a recording of the live transmission. kind of aghast at how many fade outs there are on these tracks. also, a few of the tracks begin to fade out just as they've gotten interesting.

This.

I've started the grieving process, and it's no fun at all. Loved it at the first listen, but I fear that this is the end for me.

I really think this works as a complete album, and not individual tracks - I know a lot of albums attempt this, but I think BoC has pulled it off. Really satisfying hearing it from start to finish uninterrupted (except for that jarring transition with Palace Posey).

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply

listened to a recording of the live transmission. kind of aghast at how many fade outs there are on these tracks. also, a few of the tracks begin to fade out just as they've gotten interesting.

This.

I've started the grieving process, and it's no fun at all. Loved it at the first listen, but I fear that this is the end for me.

I really think this works as a complete album, and not individual tracks - I know a lot of albums attempt this, but I think BoC has pulled it off. Really satisfying hearing it from start to finish uninterrupted (except for that jarring transition with Palace Posey).

I'm gonna keep trying. I really want that humble pie. I'm CRAVING it. I want to love this album, but I'm not gonna force it.

This.

This.

I'm gonna keep trying. I really want that humble pie. I'm CRAVING it. I want to love this album, but I'm not gonna force it.

Don't feel bad - I was let down by Depeche Mode's latest, but slowly, I'm coming around to some of the tracks. Still let down it wasn't an instant 'like' on my part though.

This.

Don't feel bad - I was let down by Depeche Mode's latest, but slowly, I'm coming around to some of the tracks. Still let down it wasn't an instant 'like' on my part though.

some of the tracks ARE wonderful. I know many disagree, but the tracks are way too short, and the one track that I really can't deal with, is the only long one on the album. Why are these interesting tracks fading out at all? This isn't a demo tape, of a new and upcoming artist. They're veterans. These long, slow fade outs are difficult for me. I'm gonna take some time to step back, find myself in a great mood with some leisure time, and give it another try... on vinyl.

This.

haha I thought that transition was awesome

This.

haha I thought that transition was awesome
Palace Posey transition was actually awesome.

@Joyrex ..that's just the problem though. The fade outs to me actually iceolate the tracks so much, that it works against the flow of the album, making it sound as though I'm listening to a string of individual tracks, and not a cohesive album.

Guest murphythecat8

What the hell?

Some of the songs are the best I have ever heard from BOC. Theres definitely a good bunch of masterpiece songs.

Guest murphythecat8

Tomorrow's Harvest blows everything they've done before out of the water. Their potential, it has been reached.

I feel the same way. I must have listen to the album 5 time today, and I think its likely one of their best record if not their best. I cannot relate to people saying how sad they are. It sounds different then anything they have done; not completely new but theres something more clean about the sound. The musical ideas seems clearer: less sound effect, more melodies and harmonies.

I really like their progression ideas, they take their time, and they build up the drum work, then the melodies. They make sure we get the drum before going into other zones. I love the new record seriously.

However, I do not like the first 15 minutes of the record, the beginning is quite slow, but once it takes off, damn! I really like the emotional vibe. They use repetition of the drum work in a special way. Its definitely a mature record. I am super happy.

I feel they put a lot of effort into it and definitely made sure that nobody could think its a bad album. There no way Pitchfork could give under 9/10, imo its a milestone record. Okay, ive only heard it 5 times but some songs are definitely mindblowing.

I love it so far!

This was also the thought I had. Not in a bad way or anything. I thought of like almost ever single song on The Police box set and how they all do that, but it didn't by any means effect the experience. Just a noticeable funny new thing for them to do I guess.

Guest Retrig

Fantastic album. Cold Earth is the highlight for me. End bit of Palace Posy makes it difficult to listen to the rest of the album, it's so horrible. (I think it's Palace Posy anyway). Can't wait to give the tracks after it more proper listens when I can just skip it proper ;)

This.

It's been a strange and stressful 24 hours... I guess I just get really emotional about the BoC, and I guess sometimes life in general. The album is back on my stereo, after falling out of love with it briefly late last night and today, I started having a serious craving for it this evening. On my drive home tonight it sounded AMAZING again. I guess there were elements that I wanted to be there that either just aren't there, or maybe I just have yet to discover, but I completely overreacted. The album is tits again. I think my expectations were WAY higher than I thought they were, (I was trying to keep them in check) ..and I think I just needed to sorta work through some shit before being able to fully enjoy it?? This album is not MHTRTC, and it's not Geogaddi. and why should it be? We have those albums and they aren't going anywhere. Fuck this, I'm rambling. I'm just totally loving every last drop of this album right now... and as far as all the fading out of tracks I was bitching and moaning about? I hardly noticed this time around. What I did hear was a voice uttering "thank you" and it struck me as so fucking sweet. Not trying to go all Twoism on you people, so I'm gonna split.

Archived