IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Live Album Transmission - June 3rd

lawrenke

I'm super pumped about today. I just have one class this morning, and then my calendar window is clear for about three hours: I've told everyone I know I'm dead to the world, and I'm going to be plugged in the whole time; no distractions. It's going to be sweet.

• Replies 796
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Aces

Hmmmm, whether to keep my TH cherry til I get the vinyl, or not miss out tonight on something that could be great...

I was going to wait myself but I'm not going to able stop myself listening the fuck out of it!

I'm super pumped about today. I just have one class this morning, and then my calendar window is clear for about three hours: I've told everyone I know I'm dead to the world, and I'm going to be plugged in the whole time; no distractions. It's going to be sweet.

I've tried not to think about it, but under 6 hours is a while yet. :cerious:

I'm curious HOW they're going to stream this - is it going to be off YouTube, or are they really going to try some ShoutCast route (or what Autechre uses for their streams). I just hope it can handle the demand.

I'm curious HOW they're going to stream this - is it going to be off YouTube, or are they really going to try some ShoutCast route (or what Autechre uses for their streams). I just hope it can handle the demand.

If it doesn't, then it's only a week away or sooner if Warp decide to release the digital files soon after tonight. :cisfor:

Guest Gravity

Having Bleep go down during pre-orders is one thing, but a live stream of such a huge album messing up would be a nightmare. I hope they've prepared everything properly, otherwise it's a fucked up first listen for me.

Warp really belongs just putting it up to listen to instead of doing the live thing.

Of course I could always just wait for the download/vinyl to arrive, but I can't take the fucking wait anymore.

my assumption is in 2013 is they're deploying proper cloud-based (amazon s3?) streaming infrastructure which will scale up resources dynamically as demand increases. but i'll still lol if it dies in a screaming fire.

wonder if warp have plans on upgrading bleep.com and this is all part of a test...

my assumption is in 2013 is they're deploying proper cloud-based (amazon s3?) streaming infrastructure which will scale up resources dynamically as demand increases. but i'll still lol if it dies in a screaming fire.

wonder if warp have plans on upgrading bleep.com and this is all part of a test...

bleep already runs it's downloads via Amazon S3, and it failed on Exai release. The actual website itself is hosted with something else.

oh. I see.

isn't the first track called gemini or something? because like 3 girls i know that are geminis just had birthdays in the span of about 3 days, I dated 1.5 of them, loved 2 of them, and got friendzoned by the other 1

and why the fuck is it that all 3 geminis are the only people i know who have ever cared about horoscopes

Daft Punk's new album was certainly more anticipated than Tomorrow's Harvest. They seemed able to stream without incident. Of course, they have vastly greater resources.... but still.

Guest Retrig

For what it's worth, there's placeholders on Bleep now for the songs (but no actual previews).

Guest dylanmcknd

Wait, if they're doing it on youtube, doesn't it mean that it's guaranteed to crash?

That's my experience with a youtube stream.

Archived