IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEWSFLASH:

* Release of the new BOC album got cancelled because the brothers couldn't cope with the stress caused by some cassettes being put on eBay!*

NEWSFLASH:

* Release of the new BOC album got cancelled because the brothers couldn't cope with the stress caused by some cassettes being put on eBay!*

*BoC nerds burn their fedoras in anger*

BoC owns the copyright to these tracks, and since they are not commercially released, you nor anyone else has the right to distribute, sell, or perform them publicly. You being the co-owner of a record label should know the law.

biggest lol of the thread. it appears that Mike P does know the law. of course he's got the right to sell those tapes. he doesn't have the right to rip and leak them as so many of the dolts in this thread are begging him to do.

Guest cult fiction

BOC fans angry at mike and markus for taking several years off to care for their kids.

BOC fans angry at mike p for selling a demo tape he is legally entitled to sell to take care of his kids.

Why do you hate children so much, BOC fans???

BoC owns the copyright to these tracks, and since they are not commercially released, you nor anyone else has the right to distribute, sell, or perform them publicly. You being the co-owner of a record label should know the law.

biggest lol of the thread. it appears that Mike P does know the law. of course he's got the right to sell those tapes. he doesn't have the right to rip and leak them as so many of the dolts in this thread have already got illegal copies downloaded from the last rip

BOC fans angry at mike and markus for taking several years off to care for their kids.

BOC fans angry at mike p for selling a demo tape he is legally entitled to sell to take care of his kids.

Why do you hate children so much, BOC fans???

tumblr_mnbc0ezZJ41qhtxeko1_400.jpg

Guest cult fiction

This thread is a travesty, but at least it hasn't descended into a grade school caliber discussion about the nature of capitalism like the twoism one.

1. Those who are proclaiming that this is against the wishes of the band, you have no idea. You don't speak with the band. At best, you speak to a proxy of the band and thusly their words are not authoritative. At worst, you just think you know what the band want.

2. What the band wishes for these tapes is completely fucking irrelevant, for reasons that have already been mentioned. The tapes / records / beanie hats / whatever have been given to someone else, be it as a demo tape, or even if it was a gift from a friend to a friend. Either way, that item is now for the current owner to decide what they do with it.

It is Mike P and Lara's choice to do with them as they please. And I find it abhorrent that there are people dissecting their justification for selling. For the record, they didn't even need to justify it. They didn't even need to sell 'anonymously' as someone has suggested - why should they have to hide behind anonymity to sell something that they own?!

Fucking cult-like behaviour from all who oppose this sale is ludicrous.

Good point made by Brisk regarding those who are complaining about this sale would very likely also complain about the recent xbone vidya game stuff.

Welcome to capitalism. You've been part of it for a while, but maybe you'll pick up the rules eventually...

I was laughing a bit about this but on second thought I think it's a bit more complicated.

1. Unheard music means that it is non monetized by the artist

2. Regardless of intentions, the artist created the demo

3. Due to the fact that the music contained on the tape is unheard and thus in a gray area copyright wise, the owner of the demo might not be able to capitalize on it. The band owns the music on the tape.

4. In other words, this sale represents the sale of unheard music outside of the control of the creator. It seems the artist should have control over the distribution of "new" material.

In short Joyrex is correct. The fact that the tape is worth a lot makes the situation more significant.

Nobody has heard the music.

The band has never made money from the music on the tape.

The owner of the tape. By selling the tape, is in effect being the "releaser" of the music and primary benefactor.

That's a lot of money.

It comes down to intentions and agreements. I don't have any stake in this. I just saw a logical situation and wanted to give the other Sid.

1. Those who are proclaiming that this is against the wishes of the band, you have no idea. You don't speak with the band. At best, you speak to a proxy of the band and thusly their words are not authoritative. At worst, you just think you know what the band want.

2. What the band wishes for these tapes is completely fucking irrelevant, for reasons that have already been mentioned. The tapes / records / beanie hats / whatever have been given to someone else, be it as a demo tape, or even if it was a gift from a friend to a friend. Either way, that item is now for the current owner to decide what they do with it.

It is Mike P and Lara's choice to do with them as they please. And I find it abhorrent that there are people dissecting their justification for selling. For the record, they didn't even need to justify it. They didn't even need to sell 'anonymously' as someone has suggested - why should they have to hide behind anonymity to sell something that they own?!

Fucking cult-like behaviour from all who oppose this sale is ludicrous.

Good point made by Brisk regarding those who are complaining about this sale would very likely also complain about the recent xbone vidya game stuff.

Welcome to capitalism. You've been part of it for a while, but maybe you'll pick up the rules eventually...

I was laughing a bit about this but on second thought I think it's a bit more complicated.

1. Unheard music means that it is non monetized by the artist

2. Regardless of intentions, the artist created the demo

3. Due to the fact that the music contained on the tape is unheard and thus in a gray area copyright wise, the owner of the demo might not be able to capitalize on it. The band owns the music on the tape.

4. In other words, this sale represents the sale of unheard music outside of the control of the creator. It seems the artist should have control over the distribution of "new" material.

In short Joyrex is correct. The fact that the tape is worth a lot makes the situation more significant.

Nobody has heard the music.

The band has never made money from the music on the tape.

The owner of the tape. By selling the tape, is in effect being the "releaser" of the music and primary benefactor.

That's a lot of money.

It comes down to intentions and agreements. I don't have any stake in this. I just saw a logical situation and wanted to give the other Sid.

1 The music is not unheard.

Guest rezz

the great idm wars of 2013 reach a fever pitch. tensions are high, rioters crowd the streets

edit: im gay

Doesn't "releasing" imply some form of reproduction? This is becoming an Alice in Wonderland story.

Perhaps Mike P should publicly announce he's going to give BOC a % of the money to satisfy a couple of bronies?

Doesn't "releasing" imply some form of reproduction? This is becoming an Alice in Wonderland story.

Perhaps Mike P should publicly announce he's going to give BOC a % of the money to satisfy a couple of bronies?

why does it have a cat#? Doesn't that mean it's released...? most promo/white label stuff doesn't have cat#s do they?

I'm asking honestly, not sarcastically because I have no real knowledge of how this shit works.

edit: RE promo, I'm talking like demos etc. Not final presses of material sent to journalists/radio stations etc. Of course those have cat#s.

or donate the money to Asperger syndrome research, maybe they'll find a cure for them.

Mike P is not releasing the music. He's selling a tape that contains copyrighted works. He has the right to sell that tape, but not the right to distribute it's contents.

or donate the money to Asperger syndrome research, maybe they'll find a cure for them.

I think the idea is that it's impossible for them to mate with females. No need for research when there's Darwin.

To the couple of women reading this with Boc-bronies on their sides: drop the BOC-brony and go for that dude who's into Skrillex. Although annoying, at least he's down to earth-ish.

Archived