Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skept

1. Unheard music means that it is non monetized by the artist

2. Regardless of intentions, the artist created the demo

3. Due to the fact that the music contained on the tape is unheard and thus in a gray area copyright wise, the owner of the demo might not be able to capitalize on it. The band owns the music on the tape.

4. In other words, this sale represents the sale of unheard music outside of the control of the creator. It seems the artist should have control over the distribution of "new" material.

You dont know very much about the music industry do you?
If this was double rainbow land then you would have a point, but unfortunately this is real life in a capitalist society. I'm not that keen on it either mate, but it's the way things currently "work" whether you like it or not.
Mike P has done nothing wrong (legally). What would be wrong is if he manufactured 500 copies and sold them without permission.
Ethically it might be a bit off but that depends on his relationship with the band.

Guest mehbleh

a few old tunes and maxima has the right to be listened to in better quality than a soul seek noob rip

a few old tunes and maxima has the right to be listened to in better quality than a soul seek noob rip

"Right"?

This logic in this thread is so idiot:

"This doesn't benefit me therefor it is wrong!"

"Mike/Rixx don't own the rights to those songs therefore they can't sell the tape!"

"As a BoC fan I have rights!"

Etc Etc Etc

People are following their ill-informed gut on this matter and thus drawing some silly conclusions.

Read my lips: it is more legal for them to sell that tape then it is for you to have Old Tunes on your computer.

Guest mehbleh

It's a play on music has the right to children don't be so literal :)

sorry meh

I'm in "shoot first ask questions later" mode

All good. All this tape talk is getting meh, I'm excited for tomorrow's harvest stream tomorrow

If Rixxx really wanted to start shit up again, she'd post a pic of the other BoC stuff she has... she won't ;)

If Rixxx really wanted to start shit up again, she'd post a pic of the other BoC stuff she has... she won't ;)

My guess is that you won't see her for a couple days.

And then--after this--I doubt she'll be in good humour enough to share the wealth with WATMM.

Soooooo much debate over a few tapes and records being sold. The music is out there and circulates, I doubt a friend would mind another friend making a few quid for a baby coming into the world. Some of you lot need to have a word with yourselves!

Guest tht tne

people posting their actual opinions in this thread (Joyrex withstanding) are missing an opportunity for epic lulz

i feel ashamed after looking through this thread. thanks mike (bambi) for wanting to sell these gems, and thanks rixxx for attempting to talk it out with people. sorry about all the bullshit

i feel ashamed after looking through this thread. thanks mike (bambi) for wanting to sell these gems, and thanks rixxx for attempting to talk it out with people. sorry about all the bullshit

i feel ashamed that there are so many starfuckers on watmm.

don't forget to call it 'white knighting' too

Yes, now that im on their good side i can probably convince them to release my debut lp Deer - "Oh Deer God!"

don't forget to call it 'white knighting' too

what are you implying here?

Archived