IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest M360

tumblr_m1up5vzYFo1qdnki4o1_500.jpg

It's a good thing they tried to deter people from copying tapes otherwise the cassette industry would be forgotten and considered obsolete.

Guest tht tne

tumblr_m1up5vzYFo1qdnki4o1_500.jpg

It's a good thing they tried to deter people from copying tapes otherwise the cassette industry would be forgotten and considered obsolete.

dead kennedys > your head?

Guest Ron Manager

The auctions haven't been shut down yet. That to me suggests that the Old Tunes re-release is off, given that Prince Murat's auction was closed on the proviso Warp were preparing a release.

Guest tht tne

The auctions haven't been shut down yet. That to me suggests that the Old Tunes re-release is off, given that Prince Murat's auction was closed on the proviso Warp were preparing a release.

keepin' hope alive

But it was a copy of the real deal, right? That's the reason it was taken down, I think.

Not sure where you're getting that... The auction was shuttered out of respect for the band's wishes.

Who the hell is this Prince Murat guy? His name keeps popping up in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tunes#Prince_Murat_affair

Sounds exactly like whats happened here. The seller has tried to cash in. It's not too cool when you look at all the evidence. It's pretty beastly.

I don't think the argument that this could hurt record sales is true. Firstly, there are already copies of this out there for free. That damage has been done. Secondly, the moment something proper is released it will be available online anyway. The people who buy music will buy it regardless of whether it is available for free.

Guest Ron Manager

But it was a copy of the real deal, right? That's the reason it was taken down, I think.

No, they were authentic weren't they? The guy who was originally given them posted on discogs about it. He confirmed they were real.

Not sure where you're getting that... The auction was shuttered out of respect for the band's wishes.

Mark from HS' comments suggested to me that the 'forthcoming' release with Warp was the main reason the auction was closed.

Guest tht tne

i think i've finally made peace with this, because i can't hear the difference between 128 cbr and 24-bit flac anyway

No, they were authentic weren't they? The guy who was originally given them posted on discogs about it. He confirmed they were real.

Mark from HS' comments suggested to me that the 'forthcoming' release with Warp was the main reason the auction was closed.

Well, without getting into the whole drama of how long it took for that release to finally surface... isn't that still relevant?

Guest Ron Manager

Well, without getting into the whole drama of how long it took for that release to finally surface... isn't that still relevant?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the 'bocset' as the supposedly forthcoming release, not Tomorrow's Harvest.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I was referring to the 'bocset' as the supposedly forthcoming release, not Tomorrow's Harvest.

I think the plan (if there is/was a plan) was to release some sort of compilation AFTER the next album... so it could still (hopefully) happen - this event may even speed up that timetable, although I don't see BoC reacting to this in such a way.

I think the plan (if there is/was a plan) was to release some sort of compilation AFTER the next album... so it could still (hopefully) happen - this event may even speed up that timetable, although I don't see BoC reacting to this in such a way.

"The forthcoming record", sometime after which the box set was planned to come out according to Hexagon Sun, was The Campfire Headphase, not Tomorrow's Harvest.

Guest Papillon

The seller of these cassettes mentioned about needing cash for something as the primary reason for selling these right? It is a friend of U-ziq right? You know it's funny though I just emailed planet mu the other day about getting a copy of the recent collection of old my-ziq tracks. I was a little surprised at his reply, very friendly but just sàid we're re-releasing cd and digital in August, I didn't realize that re-releasing digital was even worth mentioning but shows how much I know about the music industry.

If you got something that people are practically begging you for like the somerset album, why limit to 300 worldwide?

It doesn't seem like a viable business plan to turn sales down, 300 copies for the world isn't that many. Jeez guys "can you hear me"?? Instead of selling the BOC tapes just print a few hundred more of the somerset vinyls...

It's a no-brainer isn't it??

Btw good luck and congratulations on the family addition.

Guest Papillon

"The forthcoming record", sometime after which the box set was planned to come out according to Hexagon Sun, was The Campfire Headphase, not Tomorrow's Harvest.

Are you sure is this BOX set conversation that old so we're talking like ten years ago then???

Wow time flies when you're having fun.

Are you sure is this BOX set conversation that old so we're talking like ten years ago then???

Wow time flies when you're having fun.

Have a look here:

"Hexagon_Sun_Official posted the following on WATMM on February 15, 2005", that's more than six months before The Campfire Headphase came out.

Who the hell is this Prince Murat guy? His name keeps popping up in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Tunes#Prince_Murat_affair

wait, so why was his sale not legit, but this one is?

this is the only issue I really have with this. Why was Murat's sale shut down? Wasn't he just as legally entitled to do then what Mike is doing now?

You abandon ownership of the physical tape. You don't abandon ownership of the music contained within.

Fucking spot on, mate. The immaturity and arrogance of some of the posters in this thread makes me weep for this generation, and pity the stupid fucks who should know better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oziRZ0K1yQ

:boc:

Archived