IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

And if the difference is that these auctions have been created with permission, then I'm surprised that none of the involved parties have come out and said so to quell the fuss.

yea me too but the sense of hypocrisy, is there also "no difference between this kind of profiteering from the Prince and the other P"????

i still think its a special case. you aren't special, i'm not, the Prince is not but... someone else obviously is.

a big joke thats what.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now there is.

You can use broomsticks, but from my experience wooden table legs are fine as well. With or without lube. Depends on your and their preferences, I guess.

oh, is this a reference to that thread you derailed with your buddy rixx? you two are obviously close, so i guess we shouldn't be surprised you are so fervently defending the couple's decision to sell the cassettes.

i don't think the legality matters. i think we need to ask ourselves, again, what do you do when someone gives you a gift? what type of person sells it for profit years down the line? do you want to be that sort?

i think i've finally made peace with this, because i can't hear the difference between 128 cbr and 24-bit flac anyway

man wut!? you have not heard tape hiss until you've heard it lossless, you're totally missing out

but whoah the sense of timing, well planned? this auction will end just about the same time as...

thats genius.

i'd hold on to them in that case and plan it better, sell them 2 months from now, they spent all their cash on RSD 12s, stickers, posters, 5 vinyl and cd versions from

each part of the world, at least give them time to get more cash together :biggrin:

apparently murat's was a copy, mike p's is an original or something wtf its a goddamn cassette

IS THIS THE END OF IDM?

If the files are readily available on the ´net, what would be the point of closing this auction?

Well, it's just sad really. You could trust on the BOC brothers being able to get hold of Mike P if they really do see a problem. And if that had happened, it is pretty obvious the auction would have been cancelled.

Fact at this point in time: it hasn't been cancelled. So with a tiny bit of logical deduction, the brothers are OK with it.

Deal with it people! Please stop white knighting BOC. It's pretty ridiculous and hypocritical at the same time. If you really had the utmost respect for them, you'd just allow them to handle their own business the way they themselves think is right.

While I don't like speaking for the band, I can tell you with 100% assurance they are NOT "OK" with this... to assume nothing's been done since the auctions are still up is just that... an assumption - who knows how long these things take, especially when this is Ebay UK vs. Ebay US, where the first tape auction took place. Also, legally, they might not have an argument that allows them to stop the auction, or they might be speaking with Mike P directly - who knows, since frankly it's none of our business how this gets dealt with - however, that doesn't give anyone the right to assume they know what the parties involved are doing, and if their respective stances have shifted since this all happened.

It's just a shame this all happened the way it did, and hopefully this doesn't alter any plans the band had on releasing some of these great tracks someday as mentioned previously.

Now there is.

You can use broomsticks, but from my experience wooden table legs are fine as well. With or without lube. Depends on your and their preferences, I guess.

oh, is this a reference to that thread you derailed with your buddy rixx? you two are obviously close, so i guess we shouldn't be surprised you are so fervently defending the couple's decision to sell the cassettes.

i don't think the legality matters. i think we need to ask ourselves, again, what do you do when someone gives you a gift? what type of person sells it for profit years down the line? do you want to be that sort?

Yeah yeah. It's all about some sense of morality here.

I disagree with your sense of morality on this issue. If I give someone a present (Mike P's casette's were demo's instead of presents, I'm assuming, but whatever), I wouldn't mind if they sell it. Even if it was some piece of "art", which at the time wasn't worth much, but at the time of selling would be pretty valuable. It's up to them to decide.

If I give something to someone, it has become their responsibility to do with it as they are pleased. That's why it is a gift, right? For their pleasure, imo. Not mine. Their responsibility. Not mine. If I don't like what they're doing with my present, it is my problem. If I have specific wishes about how other people deal with my presents, I should have made it specific at the time of giving that present, right?

So what's the deal with the demos? Is it immoral to sell demos? Under all conditions? Or just specific conditions? Which conditions are those?

IMO, given the time that has passed (15 years?) and the fact that the mp3s are widely spread, I think it'd be strange to use such strict notions of morality in this example. And yes, time is of some importance on deciding to what extent this was/wasn't moral, imo.

So you can go ad hominem and throw it at me being buddies with rixxx. If that's what you want to think that's fine. But I can tell you that despite these past exchanges with rixxx, I'd probably come to a similar conclusion. I mean, it must be my imagination, but I actually do think there is "some" logic involved in my reasoning. (implying some sort of objectivity)

FWIW: I've got nothing at stake here. I'm not making any money, nor am I bidding for these tapes. For all I know, it's the people who cry hardest Mike P shouldn't sell those tapes, who are bidding at eBay.

Joyrex, be consistent. Just don't talk for the band. Your percentages are meaningless because it's still your personal opinion. Sorry to be frank.

If there's a statement from the band saying what you say, you're opinion will become fact. Not before.

If they don't like the auction, it's up to them to do something about it. Yes, it's that simple. The bickering in this thread is just pathetic, imo.

what's the difference between prince murat and mike p?

That's a good setup to the worlds most IDM injoke

And instead of a rimshot, it'll be followed with a snarerush.

Now there is.

IMO, given the time that has passed (15 years?) and the fact that the mp3s are widely spread, I think it'd be strange to use such strict notions of morality in this example. And yes, time is of some importance on deciding to what extent this was/wasn't moral, imo.

Exactly. Mike is in possession of unreleased and unleaked LPs/Cassettes, yet he's not selling any of them. It appears the main reason he is selling these BOC releases in particular is because they were leaked.

I really do not see the big deal.

How is this any different from say selling AB5 or something similar? It's a promotional item with unreleased material...

If BOC fans weren't so mental (and wealthy by the looks of it), I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid. This whole thread is just sour grapes.

If it was going cheap I can't imagine anyone here wouldn't buy it on moral grounds.

How is this any different from say selling AB5 or something similar? It's a promotional item with unreleased material...

If BOC fans weren't so mental (and wealthy by the looks of it), I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid. This whole thread is just sour grapes.

If it was going cheap I can't imagine anyone here wouldn't buy it on moral grounds.

can we close this thread already? i mean its clear that positions won't be swayed on any side, and its sorta stopped being funny.

Guest jasondonervan

Thanks to the auction pics, I done did some tidied up versions of the artwork. Hopefully Music 70 won't release the hounds...

tumblr_mnvpc7gIec1spvmh6o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnvpd3yEJX1spvmh6o1_1280.jpg

Ah you flipping star - I've been meaning to replace the Murat stained one I tried removing the watermark from and this one is perfect !

Archived