IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now there is.

You can use broomsticks, but from my experience wooden table legs are fine as well. With or without lube. Depends on your and their preferences, I guess.

oh, is this a reference to that thread you derailed with your buddy rixx? you two are obviously close, so i guess we shouldn't be surprised you are so fervently defending the couple's decision to sell the cassettes.

i don't think the legality matters. i think we need to ask ourselves, again, what do you do when someone gives you a gift? what type of person sells it for profit years down the line? do you want to be that sort?

IMO, given the time that has passed (15 years?) and the fact that the mp3s are widely spread, I think it'd be strange to use such strict notions of morality in this example. And yes, time is of some importance on deciding to what extent this was/wasn't moral, imo.

Exactly. Mike is in possession of unreleased and unleaked LPs/Cassettes, yet he's not selling any of them. It appears the main reason he is selling these BOC releases in particular is because they were leaked.

I really do not see the big deal.

'cept they've been leaked for years - why wait until now (oh, look, Boards has a new album - all aboard the hype train)? That logic makes no sense.

If there is something immoral about his actions, it's those damned scribbles! But BOC-heads complaining over those? Noooooooooo

Quibbling over morality and legality for 20 odd pages when this literally has nothing to do with any of us, oh my lol.

Any 'argument', if there is one, is between the Sandison chaps and Mr Paradinas. End of.

The fact that threats have been issued to the seller of these is just beyond pathetic, and I hope that whatever pasty-faced keyboard-punching saddo made them gets what's coming to them. Fucking bawbags. Really, just get a life and enjoy Tomorrow's Harvest...and...no doubt, the Old Tunes/BOC Maxima MP3s you ILLEGALLY downloaded at some point in your pitiful llife.

This may be slightly off topic and I am not digging or anything like that, I am curious: Joyrex, would you be willing to share how you came across your personal copies of these cassettes?

Quibbling over morality and legality for 20 odd pages when this literally has nothing to do with any of us, oh my lol.

Any 'argument', if there is one, is between the Sandison chaps and Mr Paradinas. End of.

The fact that threats have been issued to the seller of these is just beyond pathetic, and I hope that whatever pasty-faced keyboard-punching saddo made them gets what's coming to them. Fucking bawbags. Really, just get a life and enjoy Tomorrow's Harvest...and...no doubt, the Old Tunes/BOC Maxima MP3s you ILLEGALLY downloaded at some point in your pitiful llife.

I love British insults!

This may be slightly off topic and I am not digging or anything like that, I am curious: Joyrex, would you be willing to share how you came across your personal copies of these cassettes?

I love British insults!

Awww... :wub: ...shucks.

Just for MY record...I came across AFOT (1) and BoC Maxima through a friend at art college in 1998, just after MHTRTC came out. I studied in Dundee, which was actually the 'hip' art school in the early 90s, lolz.

He knew someone within the circle of Hex Sun, and so yeah, I got very lucky via him. No idea whether they are second or third (or fourth or fifth, hah) generation copies, but I still have em, and I ripped em to CD within days of having them. Tried to use them to broker 'peace' between teh WATMMz and Twoism about 15 pages back in this garbage thread, but naebdy took me up on it.

:unsure:

(The Alphaquest DAT is another, very sad story... :nelson: )

I love British insults!

Just for MY record...I came across AFOT (1) and BoC Maxima through a friend at art college in 1998, just after MHTRTC came out. I studied in Dundee, which was actually the 'hip' art school in the early 90s, lolz.

He knew someone within the circle of Hex Sun, and so yeah, I got very lucky via him. No idea whether they are second or third (or fourth or fifth, hah) generation copies, but I still have em, and I ripped em to CD within days of having them. Tried to use them to broker 'peace' between teh WATMMz and Twoism about 15 pages back in this garbage thread, but naebdy took me up on it.

Born and bred!

*imagines a herd of bronies jumping on their back legs after reading about BOC-friends sharing their copies of their gifts from the Sandisons in the 90s*

I love British insults!

Born and bred!

Whereaboots? I'm a Fifer, but lived in the lush confines of Dumpydee fir a guid 8 years...1992 - 2000...maistly up Stobbie way, bar a stint down by Perth Road. Miss it loads. :sad:

Guest tht tne

*imagines a herd of bronies jumping on their back legs after reading about BOC-friends sharing their copies of their gifts from the Sandisons in the 90s*

i don't want to pick a fight but i really can't undenstand your comparison of boc fanbois to bronies

Threats, really? That's really fucking sad if true. There is no reason for this to go to those extremes over some damn cassettes.

I love British insults!

Born and bred!

Whereaboots? I'm a Fifer, but lived in the lush confines of Dumpydee fir a guid 8 years...1992 - 2000...maistly up Stobbie way, bar a stint down by Perth Road. Miss it loads. :sad:

Just up from the Perth Road (just off Blackness Road), I'm doing a PhD at the Uni. Dundee's fine, just boring as hell. At least there's Grouchos.

Threats, really? That's really fucking sad if true. There is no reason for this to go to those extremes over some damn cassettes.

Yep, it's true.

Unbelievably, despicably sad.

Dunno if it was through Twitter, or Facebook, or (ooh, possibly even) WATMM (DMs), but it has happened.

For shame.

It's just one of those mysteries of nature. To me, the extremes of fanboyism are just a mixture of regressive trolling. Kinda like bronies are regressive trolls. Both groups seem to have serious issues.

edit: @thttne

This is the most active I've ever been on WATMM...normally a lurker, but this shit just makes me so fucking angry.

The possessive nature of us humans is ridiculous (and I am not exempt of that, by the way) given we are here for the merest blink of this planet's life cycle.

The fact we believe we can 'own' a plot of land on this orb seems ridiculous to my eyes, but here we are are arguing over a couple of fucking CASSETTES.

Loved the guy on Twoism babbling on about how immoral this auction was...$500 on some tapes....when we should be donating to water-pipes for Rwanda or ignoring that homeless guy at the cash machine....this is the age where people like Wayne Rooney earn £200,000 a week for kicking a ball and Donald Trump hasn't been assassinated. Yet. Heh.

Yeah, I wish Bill Hicks was still around, oh god yes.

In summary then...(hippy-bollocks, as am I)...Tomorrow's Harvest is what we (and others) have sown...and that is...

:cry:

Guest tht tne

It's just one of those mysteries of nature. To me, the extremes of fanboyism are just a mixture of regressive trolling. Kinda like bronies are regressive trolls. Both groups seem to have serious issues.

edit: @thttne

i am not in a headspace to comprehend this right now but i'll just say the word troll is done, completely lost any meaning

Yeah, that's another real sad story...he-who-shall-remain-unnamed died in an 'accident' around 2001. Go figure.

Edit: Geogaddi :emotawesomepm9:

True dat. It kinda equals anyone's online persona at this point. Still though, using the label basically functions as a way to disqualify someone, whatever the specific attached meaning. So it's more functional than carrying a specific meaning. The regression part was added to signify the meaning.

Hope you're not too drunk atm.

@thttne

also, LOL

Archived