IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

Guest mehbleh

I basically hate music and this is my way of sharing that fact with you.

Hehe :D

b7

Not sure if this is referring to me, but I wasn't offering anything on my end I was just asking if she was aware of its existence. That's fair isn't it?

If that's forbidden, please feel free to remove my post and apologies.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

Hi, hope u (you) r (are) well

someone just informed us via watmm, was planning to release a load of boc old unrel (unreleased) trx (tracks), – don’t do that! they will come out with a load more on a boxset or something at some point, best quality. If they r (are) bootlegged prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best regards

Mike & Marcus

Hi, hope u (you) r (are) well

someone just informed us via watmm, was planning to release a load of boc old unrel (unreleased) trx (tracks), – don’t do that! they will come out with a load more on a boxset or something at some point, best quality. If they r (are) bootlegged prior to this it will scupper any plans. Wot say thee?

Cheers

Best regards

Mike & Marcus

lol sounds familiar

I basically hate music and this is my way of sharing that fact with you.

Hehe :D

b7

Not sure if this is referring to me, but I wasn't offering anything on my end I was just asking if she was aware of its existence. That's fair isn't it?

If that's forbidden, please feel free to remove my post and apologies.

the mods here do frown upon requests for file sharing, and that could be construed as a request to share on what.cd

if you can still edit it, might be worth editing it.

Guest mehbleh

I can't , but oh well lesson learned and won't happen again if it is indeed frowned upon.

Appreciate the heads up and once again, apologies if it wasn't received well.

Mods feel free to edit or delete that post.

I'd still love to see a photograph of the other stuff that's not for sale :D

Rixxx you do know its Mike Sandison's bday today right? I'm not here to hate I honestly think its awesome you're offering the fans a slice at these rarities but I wonder do you have BoC's blessing on selling these tapes or are they up for grabs pending them saying something?

I'm curious if the jacket might have been regularly worn by Mike? If so, are there any residual sweat stains or possible traces of DNA? Would you say it "smells like mike"? I'm very interested in this item, and the answer will effect if I bid or not. Thank you.

I love that your happy to illegally download, because you know, that's really doing wonders for the music industry at the moment.

Rhianna just went platinum for the sixth time.

Guest mehbleh

Until it becomes available as a BoCset do we have any other choice for unreleased material but to listen to stuff on youtube or find it wherever it may be hidden on the depths of the Internet?

And I will gladly pay BoC for anything they release. That's why I preordered two vinyls of Tomorrow's Harvest, one for each ear... but really: one for a future generation and/or my safekeeping and another for playing when I actually get a record player and will enjoy the digital download that comes with it whenever they release that (probably on release day I'd assume). Don't be too assumptive.

Also *you're not your, I hate these type of grammatical errors their annoying ;)

But I guess given the response you've posted, you don't have their blessing.

tumblr_lw7qn58NxG1qii6tmo1_500.gif

Also, I'm really not hating. Just inquiring, it's not like BoC is in my social circle I just happen to love everything they put out.

Either way I said it once, I'll say it again: Good luck with sale! Genuinely.

Not hating just inquiring. There's an eagle in my mind, and inquiring minds like to know :D

I'm curious if the jacket might have been regularly worn by Mike? If so, are there any residual sweat stains or possible traces of DNA? Would you say it "smells like mike"? I'm very interested in this item, and the answer will effect if I bid or not. Thank you.

haha, Im happy to sell a used tissue or a used knife if you prefer?

I'm gonna play my cheap, fucked up copy of Motorheads No Remorse while all you fucking pussies drool over this gay shit

Enjoy spending your money lol

haha, Im happy to sell a used tissue or a used knife if you prefer?

I might be interested in those if they were used as some sort self-harming ritual. I'll send you a PM so we can set something up via Paypal.

Guest mehbleh

I'm beginning to think because the cat is out of the bag on this one (AFOT v1+2, and maxima from a radio broadcast) maybe BoC should just put some of their old tape copies up for auction lying somewhere in their bunker and profit.

I know it's un-BoC like but it'd make some people incredibly happy.. just like I'm sure these auctions will make both parties really happy and will go direct to them. Will be very un-BoC like but sometimes you gotta bend the rules in this day and age like Hell Interface posting comments on youtube videos to fuel the ARG. plus only BoC can determine what is BoC like.

Just brainstorming I suppose but. I don't see the distinction between this and submitting a full record to a record label and releasing it everywhere and only getting a portion of profits.

Sorta like Radiohead In Rainbows direct distribution?

It's a good thing I'm not a musician, lots of decisions to make

Also:

https://twitter.com/waynecoyne/status/302680572218716160

UmpOi.gif

I would say this is not okay to do unless you have BOC's blessing. And I don't see how you would since if they really wanted to, they'd sell it themselves. If you do, then more power to you. But if not, this is fishy. It would be no different than joyrex selling that unreleased aphex tape. Selling somebody else's music without their permission (them not authorizing it and/or getting a cut) is wrong. Imagine how you guys would feel if you sent a demo to a label and then the owner sold it years later for a large amount of money and didn't even fill you in / ask for permission.

Guest Ron Manager

Bearing in mind the whole prince murat fiasco, I can't see how these auctions will be allowed to finish...

Guest opothecary

If you're going to be a douchy opportunist and violate someone else's trust for your own personal profit, at least go all out/balance your karma by providing some details/scans on the other unreleased material you've got access to. You don't have to leak the music, details/scans are just fine. They'll help you sleep better at night.

yep. there is a moral component to this, especially when you go and moan that filesharing is negative to the artist and yet hock this apparently without permission.

The other side of the argument is that the content is already out in the ether, albeit in a lower quality format and that the guys probably wouldn't mind some dusty old tape being hocked in a time of need.

But then again as someone suggested, perhaps they were saving it for boxset of rairities, to ride the coattails of their latest release, say in the next year. And so in a way this is potentially sabotaging part of the motivation for people to go and buy this release, (if you subscribe to the argument that filesharing hurts sales). Of course BoC fanatics will buy it whatever happens, and Daft Punk pre-releasing their album on the web didn't stop that juggernaut.

Are you now conflicted ? Have i spun your moral compass around a few times ?

----

If it was me i wouldn't do it, and i'd tell my missus to suck it up. (sorry rixxx ... heh) Not for the desire to keep everything in the collection, but from the moral standpoint. But it doesn't matter what i would do, cause it's going ahead. And someone is going to buy something that they covet.

In regards to A Few Old Tunes and Boc Maxima, ripping them and putting them on the web is completely fair game... they're well out of print. Someone explain to me why file sharing is even an issue here. It's not like they're at a loss if these are ripped. They've chosen not to reprint or digitally release these cassettes. 10 bucks says they never will.

I love that your happy to illegally download, because you know, that's really doing wonders for the music industry at the moment.

7PKn7pg.jpg

Guest mehbleh

That's what I was trying to say is that distributing it on the Internet won't hurt sales because these albums or mixes aren't for sale. That and they've already leaked long ago but in poorer quality so you might as well give them as much justice as possible.

And if they do make them for sale, even with a decent quality rip of this in place, you can bet your arse ill be buying the real deal. Why? Because I love BoC plain and simple. I don't feel as passionately about a lot of other groups as I do with them. Their fan base appears to be the same judging by twoism's thread of "show your collection" and just hearing around

But to each his own

Also you can bet another 10 that if they do ever release these mixes it won't just be a cassette rip but remastered, touched up, recreated from the ground up, etc. so it's not really sabotaging anything

Until it becomes available as a BoCset do we have any other choice for unreleased material but to listen to stuff on youtube or find it wherever it may be hidden on the depths of the Internet?

And I will gladly pay BoC for anything they release. That's why I preordered two vinyls of Tomorrow's Harvest, one for each ear... but really: one for a future generation and/or my safekeeping and another for playing when I actually get a record player and will enjoy the digital download that comes with it whenever they release that (probably on release day I'd assume). Don't be too assumptive.

Also *you're not your, I hate these type of grammatical errors their annoying ;)

Also, I'm really not hating. Just inquiring, it's not like BoC is in my social circle I just happen to love everything they put out.

Not hating just inquiring. There's an eagle in my mind, and inquiring minds like to know :D

just curious why on earth would someone needs a band's 'blessing' when selling a tape made by them? it sounds eerily protective on behalf of a couple of guys you do not know in real life.

If you're going to be a douchy opportunist and violate someone else's trust for your own personal profit,

does not understand, is it just that BOC fans are ultra territorial or is there something I've missed in regards to the 'private' nature of what looks like to be a publicly (albeit limited run) distributed cassette tape?

Guest tht tne

just curious why on earth would someone needs a band's 'blessing' when selling a tape made by them? it sounds eerily protective on behalf of a couple of guys you do not know in real life.

If you're going to be a douchy opportunist and violate someone else's trust for your own personal profit,

does not understand, is it just that BOC fans are ultra territorial or is there something I've missed in regards to the 'private' nature of what looks like to be a publicly (albeit limited run) distributed cassette tape?

i always thought it was limited to friends-only, i.e. never intended for mass distribution

Archived