IGNORED

Boc Old Tunes 1 + 2 / Boc Maxima / orig Twosim etc

Bambi

ffs its just my ebay account mike is selling them!

rixxx, on 01 Jun 2013 - 7:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads up, Ill check with what mike wants to do.

check what boc wants to do while yer at it.

i wouldn't be surprised if you do get off lightly as you're... well... special yet any ordinary poor joe would be tarred and feathered by now, though that could make mdg's stance on the matter from last time quite a contradiction, its a tricky one.

rixxx, on 01 Jun 2013 - 9:25 PM, said:

I love that your happy to illegally download, because you know, that's really doing wonders for the music industry at the moment.

yea, its terrible but hey you can help us fight that, just get that tape to the highest bidder so we can rip that bad boy to an even better state its in out there on the doubly doubly, then we won't need an official release. everyones a winner except...

yea thats right.

btw i find your arrogance is astounding and your questions are still outstanding so we'll ask you again:

have you permission from the artist to do this? we're all ears

rixxx, on 02 Jun 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

'twoism'

they didnt instigate this

Joyrex, on 02 Jun 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

Funny, BoC never had to sell off their own rarities to support their families in the 8+ years between TCH and Tomorrow's Harvest...

Frankly surprised CAT034 isn't up for sale - you could easily get 1000 quid for that, but then you'd have to deal with Richard...

bflol

rixxx, on 02 Jun 2013 - 01:24 AM, said:

Wow Joyrex, expected better decorum from yourself in regards to talking about artist's personal lives. As stated before, these are just collecting dust on a shelf we aren't dying for money but why not sell them? There's people out there that want them and as I mentioned before the tracks are in the public domain.

We aren't materialistic about bullshit like this because the music is whats important. ?????????

you're actually talking to us about your own personal life. oh i thought the money was whats important.

and no i personally have zero interest in such tape, the whole approach you took with your £999 from someone who claims "well we don't really need it, we're not exactly in a mess, its the music thats important" is really hard to digest as its not an official release nor was ever intended to be but to get signed. sure you might as well lash up that other rare 'bullshit' you've got there. you've come this far, don't be scared you can always drop it back down to £99.

what a laugh.

yeah, thats mikes double vision in his left eye ha

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest opothecary

rixxx, you're not doing yourself or Mike any favors. Too many people think about today as opposed to how what is done today can affect their tomorrow.

Guest mehbleh

The other thing is i believe Mike or Marcus has a kid now so maybe you should toss some coin their way as well?

Guest opothecary

You're the one who basically accused me of ripping someone's music and aesthetic off, when I've almost completely independently released about 400 things, which I sincerely doubt you've heard all of...and I'm the one being a dick?

Your points are fair enough with regard to the auctions, but my music is irrelevant to this topic.

Well, aesthetics aside, sometimes less is more, as frustrating as less can be to those who care. The main point is still that every artist should be able to form their own stance on how their art is obtained and consumed in various mediums. It's not one size fits all.

Too many people think about today as opposed to how what is done today can affect their tomorrow.

and so when the time comes we shall weep while we collect Tomorrow's Harvest

Guest mehbleh

Do you guys really think if BoC releases these officially it'll just be a cassette rip with audio gain? Come on if they release it it will be pristine so it's still not an alternative to buying the real deal should it ever arise. Such silly arguments against ripping this as a block to BoC sales

You're the one who basically accused me of ripping someone's music and aesthetic off, when I've almost completely independently released about 400 things, which I sincerely doubt you've heard all of...and I'm the one being a dick?

Your points are fair enough with regard to the auctions, but my music is irrelevant to this topic.

Well, aesthetics aside, sometimes less is more, as frustrating as less can be to those who care. The main point is still that every artist should be able to form their own stance on how their art is obtained and consumed in various mediums. It's not one size fits all.

And my original point was that any musician should know what is likely and realistically going to happen when they distribute their music to the public in any way. I.e. when it leaves their hands, it is no longer within their jurisdiction. If the Boards want to chase down people who sell these tapes with legalities, that's their business, but unless Mike signed some sort of contract barring him from selling the tapes later, I don't think there's anything anyone can do. To me, this is simply a "Don't like it, don't buy it" scenario.

And less is more - whatever. I do what I like to do, and it works for me. I don't know why I still bother to defend or justify being a naturally bountiful artist all these years later, guess I just can't keep away from the hate!

Besides, all that was intended by noting that number is that you really have no business accusing me of ripping anything off if you've only even heard a fraction of the things I produce.

Guest opothecary

Besides, all that was intended by noting that number is that you really have no business accusing me of ripping anything off if you've only even heard a fraction of the things I produce.

Maybe so, but I think a big part of the secret sauce is restraint and knowing when to leave things on the cutting room floor. Always leave them wanting more! Anyways, as you said, this isn't and shouldn't be about you specifically. If I truly respect an artist, I will observe their wishes with regard to how I consume their output, this means disregarding some vague internet self talk saying that basically anything goes. Their use of this material on their official Youtube channel and the Invocation video tells me they turn a blind eye to public domain usage of the material, but if you're trying to make money, that's a problem, as it should be. I think they are more than fair with their approach. If they're smart, they'll maintain that same stance whenever some/all of this stuff is officially released.

Wow, there are sure a lot of whiny cunts on WATMM.

Luke Viia and I are opening a Fedora shop and we expect to sell a bunch of them here on watmm.

Wow, there are sure a lot of whiny cunts on WATMM.

Luke Viia and I are opening a Fedora shop and we expect to sell a bunch of them here on watmm.

...cool beans.... :ok:btw that comment wasn't directed at you

Insane that someone is trying to diss Mellow U, as an artist, in this thread. I just spent all day listening to your tracks cleaning the house today man! That conf call 2013 comp is brilliant.

Insane that someone is trying to diss Mellow U, as an artist, in this thread. I just spent all day listening to your tracks cleaning the house today man! That conf call 2013 comp is brilliant.

Yeah wtf is that about. Chap should be banned on sight.

Maybe instead of selling the tape, Mike can just call BoC back, play it cool, and be like, sorry for the delay getting back, I really liked your demo...

How do I join the lynch mob?

Do I have to sign up somewhere? Or do I just simply make an idiotic self-righteous comment?

Either way, this is fun and awesome and should continue happening.

You have the files and won't share with the public even though there's already bad quality versions floating about

Damn

no fuck you pay thousand then wait boc set

Enough of CAT023, I want to hear about DOG023

Hahahahahahahahahaha

For the record I lol'd

So you're selling bullshit?

That's gonna be hefty bullshit for the highest bidder to cough over :D

Seems someone in twoism is stating that the originals are Sony tapes not memorex. I don't necessarily support this argument, but can you clarify this confusion?

As close asTwoism is to my heaer, sounds like some serious OCD at work if we are worried about tape brands. You think they stopped rolling off copies for friends/family/labels when they ran out of one brand of tapes?

As a cassette collector I can say those look very much like mid-90s era tapes. The one's currently for sale are Memorex Type II Chrome - 90 minute. In the older pictures of these releases you can see both TDK and Sony 90 minute tapes, again type II chrome format. I have no idea what the timeline was regarding BoC's dubbing and distribution of tapes to friends, but I can imagine them buying 5 or 10 packs of type II tapes as they dubbed them for friends and family.

Also, I'm a bit amused at anyone who scoffs at the cassettes as if they are going to be crap quality, especially in the context of the "well what if a remastered box set could be coming" argument I've seen here and elsewhere (mostly elsewhere). Or they post the question "how are these better than mp3s derp!?" My question is... remastered from what? Like any other electronic musician from that era, BoC recorded their music onto cassette or DAT tapes. The master recordings are going to be in the same state as these tapes for sale, there's no magical pristine master-tape on 1/2" reel tape or a 24-bit, 96khz digital master recording sitting around waiting to be re-issued. Unless they just did a godawful job dubbing the tapes they distributed, these tapes for sale are as good as it will get. Anyone with a proper tape deck and DAW can make just as good of a "remastered" digital copy as someone at Warp or Skam could if a hypothetical box set ever came out.

Archived