IGNORED

Holden - The Inheritors

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I associate this album with the jon hopkins immunity album for some reason. they seem to share an aesthetic very closely to my ear. Currently i'm unsure which I like better. Both excellent.maybe they are not comparable really but my brains wants to connect them like side A & B of an awesome really long tape

I associate this album with the jon hopkins immunity album for some reason. they seem to share an aesthetic very closely to my ear. Currently i'm unsure which I like better. Both excellent.maybe they are not comparable really but my brains wants to connect them like side A & B of an awesome really long tape

Judging by previews it sounds a bit in the vein of early Border Community (Holden's label) and Holden himself circa 10 years ago, but with more modern sound design. All that aside from piano-themed tracks, which are far away in different cheese directions.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

this is a pretty great album, one of my favourites this year, so far.

Just listened to the album, in a whole other universe than the idiots are winning, nice and crunchy, a good balance of chilled sorbet, while other tracks are cookies & cream and some are the strange broccoli flavoured ice cream in those expensive scientific restaurants, particularly like the flavors inter-city 125, & the self titled the inheritors, (making some home made icecream so it's on the brain!)

Here's good introduction, a lot of tracks and the general style are from label's initiation material:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MrBs6Bkwkk

There is CD2 on tube, too, if you bother

his balance mixes are awesome. the difference it makes is still probably my favourite tune ever released on border community.

ME TO! Along with BOC's TH they make a really amazin listening trio

nah boc sounds like boc and nothing else. unless you mean just because of the time they all came out. i associate inheritors and immunity because they sound alike. open eye signal could fit on inheritors, actually that track sounds like luke abbott more than holden but holden and abbott sound alike too

IS THE SAMPLE IN THE CATERPILLARS INTERVENTION FROM THIS?

They have similar rhythm, but that's all i hear. Track only samples sax line from somewhere (not necessarily from other record).

Jon Hopkins's Open Eye Signal sounds like a tribute to the whole Border Community.

All of their influence distilled into one song.

I used to listen a lot to Holden and Fake and Avus and those guys back in the day.

It might be coincidence that Jon Hopkins sounds the way he does, but it wouldn't surprise me if he had listened a lot to the music that have come out of that label the last ten years.

Edit: What Amen Lare said.

Also, Balance 005 is a classic.

Judging by previews it sounds a bit in the vein of early Border Community (Holden's label) and Holden himself circa 10 years ago, but with more modern sound design. All that aside from piano-themed tracks, which are far away in different cheese directions.

Guest trananhhung

I managed to listen to half the album before deleting it. Everything is so circular and all the tracks sound like Atlas. There was one with horns that was ok. The rest was boring me to death. :(

I managed to listen to half the album before deleting it. Everything is so circular and all the tracks sound like Atlas. There was one with horns that was ok. The rest was boring me to death. :(

At least you gave it a chance [/sarcasm].

It took me a good 3 or 4 listens before it started to click for me.

They have similar rhythm, but that's all i hear. Track only samples sax line from somewhere (not necessarily from other record).

nah that is a straight up sample. it has the guitar and drum parts

Credits:
The Caterpillar's Intervention
Performer [Wailing], Bodhrán [bodhran], Written-By, Producer – James Holden
Saxophone, Written-By – Etienne Jaumet
So the drums are Bodhran, traditional Celtic instrument.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

They have similar rhythm but it's not a sample.

Archived