IGNORED

I need WATMM's help in voting for my burger!

pabs

Oh, well I figured that's what other people will think when looking at the pic, it looks like grainy cheese. And the bun doesn't look toasted, at least if that's how the first round of voting goes. But since it's just about recruiting people to vote and not from a visual artistic point-of-view than you should have a great chance of getting to the next round. Hope you win.

Please don't take offense Mike. But a part of making something appetizing (in a contest or whatever) is considering the visual appeal of the dish being served. And that photo in the OP shows a burger that doesn't make me salivate.

edit: oh cloud capture already covered that. But i guess now i've read the thread, the point is to get past the first hurdle, so that you can get judges to actually taste it.

The votes aren't based entirely on the picture....they are based on the picture, a description, and the recipe. If you read the other two and look at the picture, you will see what the things in the picture are and it will be a little better looking I would imagine. Having said that, I'm sure there are many people that would judge it on the picture alone....and I'm not a photographer...just an amateur burger connoisseur!

In other news, thanks for the votes guys! Please keep voting if you can...you can vote one time per day. There are only 48 entries, so it isn't ridiculously hard to get in the top 20 if people keep voting...thanks!!

did you say what the grand prize is?

The top 5 (as chosen by the newspaper) get their recipes featured in the newspaper, and get to take a tour of their test kitchen. Nothing too crazy, but it would be rather fun to get that recognition.

I highly recommend people here read the recipe and take from there the most valuable thing I let out: Aji Amarillo

Anybody that's a fan of spicy food will see that it is the greatest sauce ever devised (I didn't invent it, so I can say this without being an asshole! :P ) Try it on meats, fish, or anything really. I've never put it on anything where it wasn't good. And everybody I've ever showed it too just loved it and slathered it all over their meat and asked for more. It will make your cooking/meals come alive!

LA times just put itself up behind a paywall, so in protest I am avoiding LA Times.

But you can make me this burger and I will eat it, and review it honestly (if it's well done I will make fun of it).

Sounds good, though.

Hey guys,

Just wanted to write one last message to remind people to vote! Even if you've voted already, you can vote once a day...and I could really use some votes right now...last I checked I was 17th place, which means I'm rather close to being knocked off the top 20.

One last push! :)

• 4 months later...

Archived