IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest on sale now on iTunes Japan

Alzado

The policy makers at warp have been doing some creative stuff for the release of this album. Change from their previous policy to allow people who pre-ordered to dl the version they wanted. The time the dl-s are released (was earlier in other cases, right?). Pricing of various digital versions. It feels a bit, how shall I put it, opportunistic. Even though you know there were some practical issues behind it (amount of traffic on their servers). (They'd be better off to implement some kind of torrent solution for big releases,i think.) But the money aspect is a bit too much "we need to cash!", imo.

Norman records for president!

Norman Records 4eva.

559427_571781399519769_1917532216_n.jpg

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the MP3s are finally available here... Here's what the mail says about the CD

Expected shipping times:

UK 2-7 days

EU up to 14 days

Oh come on! Belgium lies right across the UK! Shouldn't take that long I tell ya!

And I promised myself to hold out on listening to the album until I get the CD...

*suddenly gets transported to Syria* Oh shit.

did you know it's in Belgian stores already since yesterday? bums me out BIG time. but at least the download's available from Bleep. First good listen starts... NOW

Yeah fuck it. I'm gonna listen to it now as well. I feel stupid for holding out so long. Kinda pointless, really.

and that's why I have a guilt free download of the 24bit version not sourced from Bleep.

wait until I get home and post their response to my email...

No guilt necessary. You have the right to create those files yourself. Somebody else just did the work for you.

Sourced my 24-bit files elsewhere as well and have given this album some more proper plays and it's great, undeniably BoC but have evolved their sound. Can't wait to hear it on vinyl.

looks like Bleep have capitulated and given physical preorder customers FLAC and 16bit WAV downloads.

too bad they couldn't have done this in the first place

looks like Bleep have capitulated and given physical preorder customers FLAC and 16bit WAV downloads.

What was their response to you?

I got this at 9am this morning, I have no idea if the lossless files were available at this time, I picked this up on my phone before work. No comment from them about my unhappiness regarding the release and the lack of vinyl that should have arrived here yesterday.

Hi there,

The download is now available to access from your Bleep account. If you log in and go to http://bleep.com/account/music you can download

Best wishes

Bleep Support

What was their response to you?

I got this at 9am this morning, I have no idea if the lossless files were available at this time, I picked this up on my phone before work. No comment from them about my unhappiness regarding the release and the lack of vinyl that should have arrived here yesterday.

Hi there,

The download is now available to access from your Bleep account. If you log in and go to http://bleep.com/account/music you can download

Best wishes

Bleep Support

They weren't. At least they've listened, but really, it shouldn't have taken so many complaints to force their hand.

So is this a one off customer service type resolution, or is everybody getting this?

This appears to be a one off, as the product page still says that you only get MP3 download with your order.

They caved in to the nagging bitches from watmm!?

This wont help getting us any less annoying than we already are. O well...

They caved in to the nagging bitches from watmm!?

This wont help getting us any less annoying than we already are. O well...

is there a reason why you're disavowing the fact that many purchases expected the already established practice of giving pre-order customers the full range of downloads?

I don't know anything about formats... Would it be the same to just rip your CD or vinyl to flac vs you downloading their flac? IE are they sourcing it differently than you would when ripping in iTunes or whatever?

Well, I was assuming they had some thought processes behind their decision to do it different this time. By caving in like this, it's like they're saying "herp derp" at WARP headquarters. I was expecting a tougher fight, to say the least. Next thing you know, they cave in to our petition!!!

:O

;)

I don't know anything about formats... Would it be the same to just rip your CD or vinyl to flac vs you downloading their flac? IE are they sourcing it differently than you would when ripping in iTunes or whatever?

Yes the flac / WAV has the same quality as the normal cd release

No cached version is available

What's wrong?

The most likely causes:

The server is down for maintenance

There may be a network problem

The site may be experiencing excessive load

So I guess I'm confused why anyone would be disappointed that flac/wav aren't available if we can rip it to flac/wav off our disc.

But it looks like they're available to most people anyway so problem solved!

So I guess I'm confused why anyone would be disappointed that flac/wav aren't available if we can rip it to flac/wav off our disc.

Maybe some people only bought the vinyl, and were expecting the same download formats they got when they ordered the last 3 Autechre albums.

Maybe some people only bought the vinyl, and were expecting the same download formats they got when they ordered the last 3 Autechre albums.

That makes sense, yeah. Didn't think of that (sorry didn't read the whole thread).

I'm thankful my turntable can rip via usb :)

(pro-ject debut 3 carbon usb)

Archived