IGNORED

tDR documentary

ZoeB

Limpy mate, i watched Videodrome a couple days ago because I wanted to see exploding heads, only to find out that this was the wrong movie!

Which flick is this from?

Limpy mate, i watched Videodrome a couple days ago because I wanted to see exploding heads, only to find out that this was the wrong movie!

Which flick is this from?

No no it's the first scene

(sorry to derail, Zoe)

EDIT: DUh NO IT"S SCANNERS I"M DUMB SORRY

It is indeed from Scanners, although for my money, Videodrome's a more interesting film, so it's hardly time wasted. :)

Can anyone tell me the difference between the £30 and £50 bundle

The £20 is the download to the completed film track

The £30 is the download to the completed film track + sticker + postcard

The £30 is the download to the completed film track + sticker + postcard + download of the completed film (on completion)

Erm what's the difference between 'download to the completed film track' and 'download of the completed film (on completion)'

Guest jasondonervan

Can anyone tell me the difference between the £30 and £50 bundleThe £20 is the download to the completed film trackThe £30 is the download to the completed film track + sticker + postcardThe £30 is the download to the completed film track + sticker + postcard + download of the completed film (on completion)Erm what's the difference between 'download to the completed film track' and 'download of the completed film (on completion)'

The film 'track' is the first one that's being produced off the back of this kickstarter. They're looking to do a full film comprised of a number of 'tracks', so I think that's the difference.

Guest jasondonervan

I've asked the project lead to give me an idea of how long exactly these 'tracks' are - as well as the completed film - as it isn't mentioned anywhere on the KS page. I get the feeling that it could just be a 5 minute piece per track? Strange that it's not been brought up by anyone to warrant mentioning on the page. People could be funding the equivalent of a TV commercial here.

Guest jasondonervan

Fast response:

"The first track which is taking the form of a more traditional doc is likely to be around 30- 40 minutes, we've shot in Tokyo/Melbourne/Sheffield and London and we have a lot of good stuff that we want to include.

However, this is likely to be the longest track... we have another 7 tracks initally planned although these are in an earlier stage of development, including an animation like Opto-Scientific, but these will be shorter, around 3 - 7 minutes each."

Ah cheers for checking man - 50 squid is a little too rich for me to get the full documentary (and not even a hard copy). I love you tDr but you blew it... well obviously not as they're gonna reach the target in time, just that I'll wait for when/if this comes out at a bit more of a reasonable price

Guest jasondonervan

It's tough for me, because I'm a big fan of tDR. It's a little shallow I know, but I do like the idea of getting my name in the credits as a backer. It's just that I'd rather there were a few pictures of the trinkets that come with certain tiers. Even I can admit that tDR is hit and miss, so I'd prefer to know what the large format poster actually looks like before I lay down a bundle of cash for it.

Guest jasondonervan

Successfully funded! I threw my pledge in within the last few minutes. Thanks ZoeB for mentioning it here, it would have completely slipped me by otherwise.

• 5 months later...
Guest jasondonervan

Just got an update...

We can confirm that Clint Mansell has got on board with the project. Astounding us with an offer to direct the soundtrack! Which is bloody marvellous. (I'm such a fan!) We also have some brand spanking new sounds from Autechre to blow small bits of your brain away.

:ok:

Archived