IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Your 'first listen' location

Guest jasondonervan

Guest jasondonervan

For the dedicated few who didn't tuck into the stream or the presumably now-ubiquitous CD rips doing the rounds, do you have any special plans on where you're giving TH it's first listen?

With the fine weather in the UK at the moment (a serious rarity), one night this week a few of us will be heading out to a place in South Wales called the Devil's Pulpit (quite fitting, I thought):

Me%20on%20top%20of%20Devils%20Pulpit.jpg

(That's not me). The view looks down on to the Cistercian Abbey of Tintern, which should prove for an epic setting at dusk:

tintern_abbey_devils_pulpit.jpg

Hopefully we won't be tutted at/shuffled along by grumpy ramblers. Still trying to work out a decent pair of speakers for the occasion...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought a travel hammock and a mosquito net yesterday. Maybe I'll go into the woods and listen it in a hammock.

Guest Papillon

My 2nd listen will be on the turntable. I don't think I want to hear the mp3 files from Bleep before then.

My 2nd listen will be on the turntable. I don't think I want to hear the mp3 files from Bleep before then.

No danger of hearing the bleep mp3s there not coming out until 2014 June 32

Guest Papillon

My first listen at my office over a terrible computer speaker at low volume. Epic failure. Next listen June 2014 once the bleep download is available.

Eventually at home on turntable with loud volume and beer in hand cig in other hand.

I'd seriously like to have heard this first back in the UK.

My chosen place would be this place in Devon, not too far from home.

valleyoftherocks.jpg

valleyoftherocks.jpg

a Beautiful Place Out in the Country

Yeah.. probably not going to happen.

But I remember when I discovered MHTRTC, I was going to Croatia. So every time I listen to that album I'm reminded of that wonderful trip. I want Tomorrow's Harvest to have the same appeal.

This is going slightly into phanboi territory for me, lol.

Guest Aces

valleyoftherocks.jpg

Devon is beautiful man. I was down there a couple of months ago for a couple of days. This looks like a great spot for a first listen.

after the whole digital file thing going on, think i will actually wait for the vinyl to turn up. Didnt listen to the stream, heard reach for the dead once and forgotten what it sounds like.

so yeah, vinyl on the big stereo...

Those UK beachscapes look amazing. Makes me think of the cliffs in Newquay, watching the sunset.

1st listen was at the desert waterpark listening party, which I couldn't ask for something more fitting, of course.

2nd listen will not be at home however because I'll be on vacation in Boston. CD should show up at home while I'm gone but I'll d/l it on the road when the files are released and find a cool place in Boston Harbor or somewhere to give it a go! Maybe Paul Revere's house.

Guest feralkittens

If you could have it all to yourself, the Christian Science Center would be a cool place to listen.

Archived