IGNORED

Tomorrow's Harvest - Your 'first listen' location

Guest jasondonervan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is an enormous derelict gravel pit near my house and it's the most arid looking location anywhere close to where I am currently staying.

37b%20Gravel%20Pit%2006%20333.jpg

^this pic was taken when aggregate was still being collected at the site. It is now abandoned.

I will sit on one of the dunes and stare out toward the sea in solitude as I listen for the first time. I haven't heard anything from the album yet.

Guest jasondonervan

I thought about doing a coastal location myself, but thought that waves crashing/coastal winds might get in the way of listening enjoyment :music:

you all live in very BoC like locations, i live in fucking Schnitzel Vienna !

No Dunes, No Oceans just City with boring people.

Only good think is , you can take the tram and be in 20 Min in the forest.

Guest jasondonervan

But just think, folks who live in Iceland are jealous of you - no trees/forests for them! :biggrin:

Got to drive over the Pennines from Sheffield to Manchester either at the weekend or one night early next week. Will save my second listen (first being the stream) for then. Will go past such places as Rushup Edge, Bad Vibel (Glossop)...

I'm on the late at work the day of release so might go for a walk around a shithole in London at night, could suit the dark undercurrents to it.

But just think, folks who live in Iceland are jealous of you - no trees/forests for them! :biggrin:

just googled Iceland and they really dont have trees/Forests , Wow didnt now that . Why dont they plant some tree seeds ?

Guest jasondonervan

just googled Iceland and they really dont have trees/Forests , Wow didnt now that . Why dont they plant some tree seeds ?

They do :)

tafla_1.jpg

In Finland it's just forest, forest, forest, interspersed with lakes and marches. 75% of the land area is forest. I can bike from my apartment to a forest in 10 minutes. There's forest outside when I look out of my work office window and sometimes I can see rabbits and occasional elderly people picking berries. If I go to my home town it's 200km of forest. lakes and marches with a few small towns in between. Forest is OK but in summer the Nordic forests are infested with mosquitoes. They're a real pain in the ass. There's like thick clouds of them where I live. People sometimes use protective gear when they go into the forests in the summer.

Woman+collects+blueberries+in+Finland+Fo

that's a nice looking setup, osc!

First listen will be at home with the lights out and some good old-fashioned LSD to round out the experience. :w00t:

Ah yeah, I thought to myself today that this album would be great with some LSD. I kinda burned myself out on the stuff a few years ago though (took it once a week for ~3 months). Maybe I'll give it a try again someday!

In Finland it's just forest, forest, forest, interspersed with lakes and marches. 75% of the land area is forest. I can bike from my apartment to a forest in 10 minutes. There's forest outside when I look out of my work office window and sometimes I can see rabbits and occasional elderly people picking berries. If I go to my home town it's 200km of forest. lakes and marches with a few small towns in between. Forest is OK but in summer the Nordic forests are infested with mosquitoes. They're a real pain in the ass. There's like thick clouds of them where I live. People sometimes use protective gear when they go into the forests in the summer.

Woman+collects+blueberries+in+Finland+Fo

very boc´vegetation you live in , lol @ the rabbit and people picking berries scene !

The only think I see at work is a white wall.

that's a nice looking setup, osc!

First listen will be at home with the lights out and some good old-fashioned LSD to round out the experience. :w00t:

Ah yeah, I thought to myself today that this album would be great with some LSD. I kinda burned myself out on the stuff a few years ago though (took it once a week for ~3 months). Maybe I'll give it a try again someday!

hqdefault.jpg

I decided not to tune in on the stream (couldn't have done it anway: it was blocked by fucking copyright industry!)

I'll pick up the album from a local store tomorrow, haven't pre-ordered it online or anything (it's released June 7th in Germany, why?)

My plan is to listen to it on a big stereo system in a sunny room upstairs whilst perhaps indulging in a bit of sexytime with the lady.

Does that make me the ultimate fanboy or will I get piñata'ed by Twoism-members for besmirching the music with impure actions? Maybe both.

PS: I've tried this before with Exai and it turned into a bit of a disaster (not because she didn't like the album but because I got major distracted by the music and ended up sitting on the couch just listening...)

Yeah, I was gonna say, most Germany ain't exactly BoC-style either ... how is everyone so close to the ocean ... well, I could go to the northern border or Holland, but that's more the Autechre type of ocean.

There's a sort of abandoned construction site area thing near a railroad where I live, it's maybe half a square kilometer in size, has little trees growing wildly ... that'd be suitable on a sunny summer night perhaps ... but I really don't want to listen to it on headphones to be honest!

Forest is OK but in summer the Nordic forests are infested with mosquitoes. They're a real pain in the ass. There's like thick clouds of them where I live. People sometimes use protective gear when they go into the forests in the summer.

I don't know how aggressive your mosquitoes are but a bit of tea-tree oil does quite a good job keeping the "normal ones" at distance.

Guest jasondonervan

lol

look at the trees

1iceland.jpg

Trees given: 0

Hnnng, looking at that shot makes me want to head back again for a second time this year, while it's summer. Love the place.

It sounded great on my shitty work headphones and being on chatmm was fun. I'm waiting to hear it again on speakers at home even though it leaked.

I'm going to play it on repeat on my annual trip to New Mexico this summer, in the car and/or on wrap-around headphones.

V3SLCvP.jpg

7IehyaE.jpg

9h4EXaN.jpg

omigod !

Wonderfull pictures !

Thanks!

The last one, the family cabin I stay at in Cloudcroft, NM, does absolutely no justice to the view - on a clear day you can see White Sands itself through the ridges.

Shit... i'm in an office, the sun blazing, and the full album on mp3 just downloaded to my laptop from Bleep - vinyl coming next week i hope

Will I or fucking won't I?

I know.... the boss is away...... i'll go home early, before the kids get home, stick it on the ipod and drive up the mountain pass which is 10 mins away

Theres a glacial lake up there...Sorted...

conor-pass-glacial-lake-panorama.jpg

Guest drukqs11

Gerês National Park, Northern Portugal, less then an hour trip by car from home! Maybe i'll not be able to check it out firsthand there...but it will definitely go into my 'Gerês' tracklist to listen when i'm out there in the wild without a living soul in a 10km radius (a lot for European Standards lol)

Serra-do-Ger%C5%82s_PGNPArchives.jpg

Archived