IGNORED

Petition to BoC and Warp

Alzado

Hey, we're petitioning BoC and Warp to release studio versions of the live tracks. Click the link below to sign the petition. See further below for more information.

https://www.change.org/petitions/boards-of-canada-warp-records-issue-a-studio-release-of-the-unreleased-songs-from-boc-s-live-performances#share

On the slight chance that they might be made aware of this, let's create a petition to the BoC chaps and Warp to release proper versions of the unknown live tracks.

Gentlemen,

We understand that there are portions of your back catalogue that you will never release to us for one reason or another. But at the very least, please give us a proper release of the unreleased live tracks. You played them publicly, so they would be presumably eligible for release. Do a limited run. We would buy them up immediately. Everybody wins.

Please excuse the flaming and trolling that is sure to occur in the posts below. They are only in it for the lols.

- Alzado out

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I think this is a great idea - isn't there some online petition thing we could post the URL here and have everyone show their support, and then bring it to BOC's attention via their Twitter and Facebook pages?

Always thought about requesting the same sort of thread, but bottled it lol.

Once upon a time I could see the point of these tracks drifting around in cyberspace but I think perhaps its time to have a spring clean of sorts.

Well I signed, I think it's a great idea. And I've actually seen bootleg cd copies of these concerts for sale in record stores, so I know there's a demand for this material.

I have to say though, the two gentlemen we need to convince don't seem like the type who are easily swayed by popular opinion.

I'm sure none of us really think this will happen, but if we needed further discouragement, check the latest interview:

Some tracks deliberately finish earlier than you want them to, like actual cues in older soundtracks where they've been ripped out of much longer original masters that nobody ever gets to hear.Another example would maybe be at the end of the whole album, you've reached some sort of sanctuary and then the whole thing is stolen away from you again with the final track. That last track has a deliberate feeling of complete futility that I find kind of funny.

Yep, Boards are misanthropic sadists :-)

I'm sure none of us really think this will happen, but if we needed further discouragement, check the latest interview:

Some tracks deliberately finish earlier than you want them to, like actual cues in older soundtracks where they've been ripped out of much longer original masters that nobody ever gets to hear.Another example would maybe be at the end of the whole album, you've reached some sort of sanctuary and then the whole thing is stolen away from you again with the final track. That last track has a deliberate feeling of complete futility that I find kind of funny.

Yep, Boards are misanthropic sadists :-)

They could cut off the last couple of seconds of those live tracks too.

;D

Archived