IGNORED

Petition to BoC and Warp

Alzado

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I gather, this sort of thing only makes BOC less inclined to do whatever it is you would want them to do. MDG once said something like: "Some American wrote on their myspace: 'Come and play live in the States, dammit!', and needless to say, that strategy doesn't work." (not the exact wording) I can understand why: nobody likes being told what to do. And I know that if I don't have to do something yet someone tries to make it the case that I have to, I'm going to resist doing that thing out of spite, even if I was inclined to do it before that person tried bossing me around. I resent attempts to corrupt my free will (I am a determinist, but a compatibilist), and that sort of behavior makes me rethink my future actions. I don't think I'm alone in this.

So my point is this: if we don't get a BOCset, guess who I blame. Let's just say, I won't blame BOC.

I haven't even read the thread since I gotta be somewhere, but this is one of the most retarded petitions i've ever read.

I'm pretty sure Keltoi is jealous that I am a pioneer at the vanguard of change.

seriously new levels of gay have been reached. and the target is 500 signatures? i just had a hernia from scoffing.

it was targeted at 100 signatures earlier so i think it increases every time the goal is reached. i won't sign it because i think boc should be allowed to do whatever the fuck they want without me tugging at their britches but i'm not gonna scorn anyone who wants to make an attempt either

I'm amending the petition to include further demands:

- a heavier kick drum on Cold Earth

- all distorted vocals unmasked for easier deciphering

- a new transition into Palace Posy

- alternative font for album cover

- reworked version of 5.9.78

Agreed?

joyrex, please unpin this embarrassment.

I guess you missed my post where I suggested an online petition, right? Nothing wrong with the fans letting the band know there is genuine demand for this.

Agreed?

Well, I think we should demand they appear on Graham Norton for an extensive video tour of Hexagon Sun.

I guess you missed my post where I suggested an online petition, right? Nothing wrong with the fans letting the band know there is genuine demand for this.

Agreed?

Well, I think we should demand they appear on Graham Norton for an extensive video tour of Hexagon Sun.

well it's a cringey idea whoever thought of it imo.

you really think they're going to say "ok the fans asked for it so by popular demand and the power of the internet, here it is!" ?

Who cares either way? Maybe Warp will think it a good idea. Either way, just a bit of fun. The original post didn't take it too seriously.

i don't see the fun in signing some dorky petition. if they release it i'll buy it and be a happy man... and you can say you were instrumental and be top dog in the boards yahoo group or whatever.

i don't see the fun in signing some dorky petition. if they release it i'll buy it and be a happy man... and you can say you were instrumental and be top dog in the boards yahoo group or whatever.

You really have no clue, do you?

This is just some form of communication. The only point is to communicate to the BOC-farm we'd like some more. Whether or not they will actually release those live tracks is kinda secondary. With a bit of luck there'll be enough signers that they can not deny it and have to address it in one way or another. And that's the whole point. Let there be enough signers so we can get a response from the BOC-farm. If a release follows, we all would be as surprised as you would be.

They hardly do gigs. They hardly do interviews. So, this is an alternative.

And one dork (apriorion, you really disappoint me, brony) thinks this action might even have the opposite effect. Seriously? These guys are not bad-hearted in any way. At least, not as far as I can tell.

The idea they wouldn't release music out of some resentment towards some of their fans is just ridiculous. If they don't release the old tapes for instance, it's not that they don't think we wouldn't deserve it, or that they just don't like us. It's because they rather wouldn't want those tracks out there, regardless of what we want, or do.

For a change I actually agree with master J.

*throws a party*

You really have no clue, do you?

This is just some form of communication. The only point is to communicate to the BOC-farm we'd like some more. Whether or not they will actually release those live tracks is kinda secondary. With a bit of luck there'll be enough signers that they can not deny it and have to address it in one way or another. And that's the whole point. Let there be enough signers so we can get a response from the BOC-farm. If a release follows, we all would be as surprised as you would be.

They hardly do gigs. They hardly do interviews. So, this is an alternative.

And one dork (apriorion, you really disappoint me, brony) thinks this action might even have the opposite effect. Seriously? These guys are not bad-hearted in any way. At least, not as far as I can tell.

The idea they wouldn't release music out of some resentment towards some of their fans is just ridiculous. If they don't release the old tapes for instance, it's not that they don't think we wouldn't deserve it, or that they just don't like us. It's because they rather wouldn't want those tracks out there, regardless of what we want, or do.

For a change I actually agree with master J.

*throws a party*

i get what it's about and it's cringeworthy, and i don't share your need to communicate with them.... you think if enough people sign they HAVE to respond in some way? lol.

BoC are perfectionists, they'll release what they deem release worthy and they've had plenty of time to do that, if it was ever going to happen.

We can't use your sense of fun as a guide. You're an old curmudgeon who doesn't see the fun in anything.

And I'm already the Yahoo group champion.

Agreed?

well it's a cringey idea whoever thought of it imo.

you really think they're going to say "ok the fans asked for it so by popular demand and the power of the internet, here it is!" ?

No, I expect for BOC to say fuckall about what prompted anything they do or don't do. Really not the point.

We can't use your sense of fun as a guide. You're an old curmudgeon who doesn't see the fun in anything.

And I'm already the Yahoo group champion.

:trollface:

Sorry to disappoint, but I cited textual evidence. By "textual evidence", I mean some past thing that was slightly different written by someone who is not BOC but who knows them that I think I remember reading once somewhere.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a BOCset. I'm just not sure this is the way to go about communicating with them. Then again, I have a heart that's two sizes too small, apparently.

Archived