a3581883275_2.jpg

01 Swamp Bike

02 Night Bus

03 Plastic Swamp Log

http://attacknine.bandcamp.com/album/swamp-bike

Pay what you want and pass it around! This is a free single to provide a taste of what is to come in a few months at Attacknine. Some of you may remember the title cut from the Highschool Guitar EP (only a few copies of the clear 12" vinyl are still available here), and Night Bus was previously an iTunes-only exclusive track and now freed from its digital chains. Plastic Swamp Log is a newer recording, written specifically for this single, and features an eight-minute psychedelic reimagining of Swamp Bike with some new changes and vocals as well. Bonus points for some of the additional guitar overdubs on PSL being played by WATMM's own leafs! This is also only the second time I've recorded vocals for something, the first instance being Didn't Sleep At All on the Children Of The Hill 2x7" split with Orick (also still available on lovely vinyl here).

Also, there is a mind-melting video for Swamp Bike. HD and full-screen is recommended for this one!

[youtubehd]Wvqgicw7Lsk[/youtubehd]

You can download the uncompressed high-definition video here: http://t.opsp.in/a19h9

So yeah, hope everyone digs this. I'm really excited to start releasing the stuff I've been working on for Attacknine for years now. More to come!

sweet, that's the kind of guitar crunchy goodness i feel like listening to the most lately. i spend like an hour or so a day just messing around with FLoops Slayer vst and various distortions and effects.

Edited by eugene

sweet, that's the kind of guitar crunchy goodness i feel like listening to the most lately. i spend like an hour or so a day just messing around with FLoops Slayer vst and various distortions and effects.

Nice! I love messing around with Slayer, making it do un-guitarlike things. Swamp Bike is all multitracked Big Muff Sovtek and a cheap DOD flanger for the droning parts.

Green+Russian+Big+Muff.JPG

I have the silver/red American reissue Muff too, but that thing comes nowhere close to the Sovtek. It's more like a fuzz rather than a proper distortion. They sometimes sound cool together though.

Edited by Mellow U

• 2 weeks later...