IGNORED

tomorrows harvest cover art

jules

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

I'm assuming my opinion will change when mine arrives

It really does look much nicer in person. The colors are more subdued, and along with the inner sleeves/CD booklet art it makes for an overall purrrty package.

Guest Gravity

A lot of it is in the same deserty vein as the back of the case, and some of it ventures into other areas. I'd say it fits. Really nice pics bunch of pics though. You can check on discogs if you don't want to wait for your package.

I'm assuming my opinion will change when mine arrives

i think it will. it's definitely nicer in the flesh. all the pictures have the look of being taken from old tv screens so they sit perfectly well together imo.

Guest Gravity
all the pictures have the look of being taken from old tv screens so they sit perfectly well together imo.

Yeah, I like that. Also isn't that jeep in snow pic that same one they used to have on their youtube channel?

i dont like it but its not affecting my opinion on the music. They should have used a picture of a cornfield or something like that.

Geogaddi still their best album cover (and best album!) in my opinion.

it was the first thing (to me) that spelled doom for this project. for an album so inspired by visuals and dependent on evoking visual themes it seems like it was left until the last minute. when i first saw it, i actually thought it was a fake (kinda like how the 25sec vinyl was just a brown square with boards of canada written on it).

i really wonder why they don't get the "other members of hexagon sun" to do their artwork. isn't one of them a photographer? and they said what took them so long was because they were clearing up their studio as well as updating it. couldn't any of those other guys help? or maybe even the hexagon sun family isn't allowed anywhere near the 200 recordings and they're seriously only for their kids :D

• 2 weeks later...

i think it is ok. much better in person but it is lacking a bit imo. it just feels off to me, personally, but it definitely grew on me a little. it is just meh, nothing id hang up anywhere. i think any of the interior shots or even the rftd promo imagery would have been much better.

god knows where the inside imagery came from. going back to TCH, the person they got to do that or even themselves could easily have acquired

large lots of random vintage slides on ebay etc. for a few quid

for eg. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Amateur-LOT-1000-Color-35mm-Photo-Slides-Family-Vacation-Holiday-Travel-/281124230639

lots to choose from there for a project.

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm quite new here.

I'm trying to find all the original sources of the artworks.

Here is what I got for now.

Do you know some other sources?

Damn dude, this is awesome. I poured over the sleeve pics but never followed up on them in terms of sources. There's a very cold war zeitgeist vibe to a lot of the Tomorrow's Harvest that harkens a lot of the American west and southwest - vast ranges of military test ranges and such - but the same areas with these ancient spiritual associations. The very modern and the very ancient occupying a vast empty desert, flat plains, and endless forests. For me it's literally a meeting of two subjects I have an odd obsession with. Thought of TH too when I saw episode 8 of Twin Peaks, which delves into the Trinity Nuclear test. 

• 3 weeks later...

there is some great TH artwork in this article: "This is what America looked like before the EPA cleaned it up"

https://www.popsci.com/america-before-epa-photos?src=SOC&dom=tw

I believe most of those can be found here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usnationalarchives/albums

Especially in the Documerica program albums

edit: ok this is common knowledge by now

Archived