IGNORED

Come to Dust and the Death of Optimus Prime

springymajig

That soundtrack, movie, and hell, even the toys, are guilty pleasures of mine. However, I don't buy the connection you're drawing here. Is the chord progression really all that similar? I'm not a musician, but I think I detect a different series of chords. Similarity isn't enough to draw the connection, although I kinda like the image of Optimus turning to dust, which I always thought was one of the most fucked up moves in any children's cartoon movie (and why it's always been one of my favorites).

Guest disoriental express

Not hearing the similarity. The beginning has progressions that could loosely be associated with those in Come to Dust but it's brief and kind of grasping at straws. Good song though!

had a good full first full listen tonight and somewher along the lines a sound sparked up precisely from that the movie. and then this thread in front of me. too reducted now to know where it was i didnt take note but swung through cometodust a few times and i cant hear it if im trying to hear it. will have another go aorund and hunt it down some day soon

Yeah might be grasping at straws but it struck me INSTANTLY... big fan of that soundtrack. Not that I think BoC care for it at all :P just a fun observation.

PS: I don't know anything about making music really... so chord progression might not even be the right term to use. I just mean the tune is slightly similar... and the pad sound actually reminds me a bit of that too.

"Yeah might be grasping at straws but it struck me INSTANTLY... big fan of that soundtrack."

same here. iwas blazed off the charts last night but it was instant as well. now i cant find it.

Durring the transmission I had made many references to Vince DiCola's soundtrack to Transformers: The Movie in CHATMM.

I think you got the wrong songs though! For me it was specifically the synth/chord change in Gemini that occurs at that reminds me of 2:30ish that reminds me of the Unicron theme (second part; starts at around 2:40):

The synth/chord change is at around 3:00.

Durring the transmission I had made many references to Vince DiCola's soundtrack to Transformers: The Movie in CHATMM.

I think you got the wrong songs though! For me it was specifically the synth/chord change in Gemini that occurs at that reminds me of 2:30ish that reminds me of the Unicron theme (second part; starts at around 2:40)

Ah I can totally hear that too!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived