IGNORED

new BoC interview (New York Times)

Guest wza

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

re the conversation lumps and jules are having and the accusation of trolling...

wasn't it just a straight answer to "why so long?" - apart from travelling and making the record they've been collating shitloads of old tracks... i don't see the big deal there.

re the conversation lumps and jules are having and the accusation of trolling...

wasn't it just a straight answer to "why so long?" - apart from travelling and making the record they've been collating shitloads of old tracks... i don't see the big deal there.

I think it's more picking up on the whole fact that MDG had said quite a few times that the old tracks was meant for a proper release.

and this article seems to suggest that is not correct and in fact is just going to be for personal stuff. of which they didn't need to mention, because it is clearly fanbait.

it's almost as if they're like " yeah we have all this extra stuff we collected... but you can't have any! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! *ttthhhhrrrppppp*".

Like straight out of RDJ's book.

I think it's more picking up on the whole fact that MDG had said quite a few times that the old tracks was meant for a proper release.

and this article seems to suggest that is not correct and in fact is just going to be for personal stuff. of which they didn't need to mention, because it is clearly fanbait.

imo he just explained what they've spent the last 8 years doing. lol at rabid fans thinking it's all about them as usual.

imo he just explained what they've spent the last 8 years doing. lol at rabid fans thinking it's all about them as usual.

just to clarify, I'm not butthurt over it. I just think it's hilarious considering all the hype that MDG built up over this.

just to clarify, I'm not butthurt over it. I just think it's hilarious considering all the hype that MDG built up over this.

maybe some old tracks WILL see the light of day. i don't see where this interview writes off that possibility.

and remember this interview was obviously conducted before lol alzado's petition.

yea, i think the fact that they were gathering stuff indicates more than just leaving them in a folder for their kids.

enjoy th. there is definitely an impending ep and there is no way they are going to take another 8 years. id look forward to a bit of a more consistent output from them. maybe not on ae's level but in the next couple of years id be shocked if there wasn't a new lp as well as maybe some old stuff? who knows.

if you asked me, id rather get new stuff than a collection of oldies (not that i would mind that at all) but i like the different directions they are taking their sound and look forward to more.

if you asked me, id rather get new stuff than a collection of oldies (not that i would mind that at all) but i like the different directions they are taking their sound and look forward to more.

agreed. they mentioned hundreds of tracks made for this project which didn't fit with the aesthetic... maybe they're will be some good shit which will see the light of day as another album or ep.

yea. like the day after tomorrow's harvest. the sun is out, the seagulls are chirping, the ghosts of kids are laughing and counting and everything has to do the free masons, 666, and snappy kick-snare rhythms.

Guest Gravity

An EP would be sweet. I always figured they could just release a bunch of old stuff digitally, quick and easy while still giving the fans what they want.

Good interview. My favourite bit was:

Q. Just about every recording musician now feels compelled to create a public persona and image

EOIN I don’t think we have those sorts of personalities, we don’t need that kind of attention.

lololololololololol

It’s mono, too, which gives it something special. More people should record in mono these days.

How precious.

As others have mentioned, the interview does seem a little like fan-bait to me. So they've got hundreds of hours of stuff that fans will never hear.

Why bother mentioning it then?

Also, they really don't seem to do themselves any favours with the way they talk of handing all the unreleased stuff down to their children as some kind of musical legacy.

'And so it came to pass that the holy grails of low-fi electronica were bestowed to the children, who as rightful heirs became the appointed custodians, guarding the sacred tapes from fanboys forever.'

C'mon, we're not talking about Picassos or Remrandts here.

Fast forward ten years - "Actually, Dad, I don't like your music at all."

As others have mentioned, the interview does seem a little like fan-bait to me. So they've got hundreds of hours of stuff that fans will never hear.

the age-old "teehee, shhh" strikes again

Guest Papillon

Also, they really don't seem to do themselves any favours with the way they talk of handing all the unreleased stuff down to their children as some kind of musical legacy.

'And so it came to pass that the holy grails of low-fi electronica were bestowed to the children, who as rightful heirs became the appointed custodians, guarding the sacred tapes from fanboys forever.'

Yeah it might be loosing some relevance unfortunately, there is that law of diminishing returns thing that smarter people than me talk about too.....

we are simpatico, fumi....like your posts

brilliant post

I've never understood all this bullshit of proclaiming 'Yeah we have loads of unreleased tracks which only our mates and cousins can listen too'. Anyone with half a brain knows that but no need to sing it from the rooftops. Richard says it all the time but he don't get up my nose as much as these two.

Maybe it's all just a laugh anyway. Hahahahahhhhhhahahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Lets hope the kids rebel, get well into hardcore punk, and sell the lot to buy an island in Micronesia.

What if by "handing them down to their kids" they mean releasing them so as to make money to allow their kids to continue in the semi-ludite lifestyle they have been presumably raised in? Sort of like the main character in that About a Boy film. (Boy is that optimistic.)

Guest fsdapfad

To be honest I reckon it would be a bit awkward to be mates with a famous musician if you were just a normal bloke, especially if they kept making you listen to their shit. What do you say? "wow that's really good. you're really amazing. I really enjoy your Art. You are a very powerful, creative man. I'm glad to be your friend. Thanks."

• 1 year later...

Archived