IGNORED

NeedleDrop Review's Tomorrow's Harvest

Nebraska

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would we have been as upset with him if he had't given Daft Punk like a 9?

And by upset I mean "I don't even care about this review or opinions on music in general and music critique is arbitrary and not to be taken seriously."

Having to say "Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?" is virtually equivalent to saying "No offense, but..."

I guess what I learned today is that scores always feel strange relative to each other. But that's just my opinion :D

Something, something, dancing about architecture.

His reviews always give the impression that he's just looked at the track art, track-listing and track-times and guessed the rest

(edit - shhh though I do agree with what he's talking about at 5:19 - 6:12)

He's a fucking annoying twat, but I quite like him lol. Work that one out.....

Some of it has to do with him filling a gap, nobody else does what he doe's. And I'd say he does it (annoyingly) well. I think he's a bit of a dork and he know's it, he don't take himself to seriously.

We need a British version of him but less nerd, more savage.

His reviews always give the impression that he's just looked at the track art, track-listing and track-times and guessed the rest

i disagree. he usually starts off with a little background info then goes a little into the musical evolution of the artist/group so he does at least attempt to show how he came to form his opinion. personally, not only did i think he was spot on, i actually think he was being a little kind to the album. i'd have given this album a much lower score. imo, it's the most disappointing this year (so far)

I haven't watched the thing yet (saving it for the weekend) but fast forward to 19:15-

I haven't watched the thing yet (saving it for the weekend) but fast forward to 19:15-

LoL 'Fucking evil spaceship!!'

Thats exactly what I was talking about, hahah, still going through it. Still a bit nerdy, but nothing six pints wouldnt sort out.

SAVAGE!!!

I personally like the guy even if i do disagree with his position i never really get mad at him. That being said, i always had that sort of feeling toward the album so i generally agree with the review. I thought it was funny how Palace Posy was one of his favorite tracks tho...

When he mentioned Fiona Apple he lost all credibility with me.

huh? didn't he just mention her in the context of recent musical comebacks? He didn't say she was god's gift to bipedals or anything...

(plus I would think people here would have some level of appreciation for her, she's may be a crackhead but she's certainly not mainstream)

LoL 'Fucking evil spaceship!!'

Thats exactly what I was talking about, hahah, still going through it. Still a bit nerdy, but nothing six pints wouldnt sort out.

SAVAGE!!!

Who the fuck spends their time watching someone sit in their dark dank room, eating pudding and listening to music? Christ LOL.

i don't mind him at all and i don't understand the hate towards the needle drop, he's got some pretty good ears

a lot of his reviews are just too soon though, you can't "judge" an album like exaii in less then a month

lol at that whole video.

And to be frank, I agree for the most part with him about this album. And I've given it 7 run throughs, left it for a few days and listened to the tracks I liked most a bunch of times. Still doesn't have the magic that the past albums have had for me.

Archived