IGNORED

NeedleDrop Review's Tomorrow's Harvest

Nebraska

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't watch it, listening I can tolerate it and in fact he's grown on me. He sounds remarkably similar to a friend of mine who I often conserve with about films and music (and who also knows his stuff)

I'm glad he's popular because he is very sincere and a decent commentator. In fact, I bet he specifically does his reviews in video form specifically to reach more people. He wouldn't have nearly this much of a following if he wrote reviews (which I would probably read all the time). He's superior to many of the "professional" reviewers out there.

We need a British version of him but less nerd, more savage.

I haven't watched the thing yet (saving it for the weekend) but fast forward to 19:15-

this is so awesome

We need a British version of him but less nerd, more savage.

I haven't watched the thing yet (saving it for the weekend) but fast forward to 19:15-

this is so awesome

yes (glad you started a thread)

Its hard work to listen to Americans.

is it because they talk slow?

You implying that I don't?

No, its the bloody accent.

lol

most of us do not

speak

as emphaaaaatically,

OR

even as

:briefly shakes two fists at eye level:

theatrically?

aasasasasasasas

as

Anthony Fantano

Call me crazy, but I think he's one of the only (maybe THE only) respectable music critics on the internet. Annoying quirks aside, he does a good job of actually describing the music and articulating in pretty good detail what he likes and dislikes about it. He never tries to be contrarian and it's not like he has an agenda or roster of artists he has to remain loyal to.

Also, there's nothing worse than one of those tinymixtapes reviews that reads like someone trying to assault you with their English Lit degree. Like their opinion is fucking poetry.

Call me crazy, but I think he's one of the only (maybe THE only) respectable music critics on the internet. Annoying quirks aside, he does a good job of actually describing the music and articulating in pretty good detail what he likes and dislikes about it. He never tries to be contrarian and it's not like he has an agenda or roster of artists he has to remain loyal to.

actually, he's pretty well known even amongst music makers (some send him their albums to review and some reviewers from publication and video blogs know him). he's done those open forums at places like SXSW and some university on the east coast.

the way i see it: fantano realized a long time ago that sooner or later, as your audience grows, you can never please anyone. someone will always be pissed off. so the thing is, at least be honest about it, so you're not regretting why you didn't just give your honest opinion.

it would've been very easy of him to have given this album a positive score and said "i love it"; supposedly that means something nowadays, but he didn't and that's pretty admirable since he's a self-confessed nerd and appeals to nerds as well. but what i really admired about his review is that he talked about what he heard rather than what he thinks he's hearing or spent time fantasizing he will hear.

Guest fsdapfad

6/10 is a fair review. You have to have noticed that even a lot of real BOC fans seem unconvinced by this album; from the perspective of the average listener who may not be as obsessed with electronic music and this particular band as we are, 6/10 is really pretty generous. It's about what I'd rate it, and I'm a fan.

While I'm not a fan of the guy or his presentational style, I think he gave that a fairly good mark. I agreed with most of what he said, as much as it pains me to say it.

6/10 is a fair review. You have to have noticed that even a lot of real BOC fans seem unconvinced by this album; from the perspective of the average listener who may not be as obsessed with electronic music and this particular band as we are, 6/10 is really pretty generous. It's about what I'd rate it, and I'm a fan.

"real BOC fans"?

I think my day will go a lot smoother if I don't press play on this video. Can't get past those glasses.... I know that's bad, I fucking know that but I don't care. Fuck dees guy.

As much as I agree with his arguments that they aren't doing a whole lot that is new or exciting, I think this album isn't meant to be as much of a "shock" as their last works but more of an emotional draft where you listen with your eyes closed and let these moments soak over you. They aren't building sounds to impress you with their talent but rather to impress your soul with some sort of message that you can only decipher by the sounds and how they make you feel

Guest fsdapfad

an emotional draft where you listen with your eyes closed and let these moments soak over you. They aren't building sounds to impress you with their talent but rather to impress your soul with some sort of message that you can only decipher by the sounds and how they make you feel

lol come on now

Guest murphythecat8

6/10 is a fair review. You have to have noticed that even a lot of real BOC fans seem unconvinced by this album; from the perspective of the average listener who may not be as obsessed with electronic music and this particular band as we are, 6/10 is really pretty generous. It's about what I'd rate it, and I'm a fan.A good album is how many good songs there is in the album. The album holds 8 good tracks, now this give it 8/10. thats a scientific fact. :P

you know what, anyone playing the rating game is a looser already. 6/10, 7/10, whatever. life aint perfect.

Archived