IGNORED

Sub Culture

autopilot

Sub Culture is something between an internet radio show and a radio station. Basically, it's a Mixlr account in which we broadcast live DJ sets every few days of some combination of deep dubstep, dnb, IDM, and ambient. Emphasis on deep, there is no obnoxiously aggressive shit in our DJs' selections.

Here's the link to tune in:
Sub Culture Live Stream

We did the first 4 episodes under the branding "Live Audio", which we thought was a clever radio name at the time, but later realized said absolutely nothing about the type of music we spin. Now we're called Sub Culture. The DJs include myself (Vax), Morning High, and Abbot. I'm trying to get more local DJs on board, since Atlanta has a very under-represented deep bass scene.

When we're not broadcasting live, it's set up to rotate through the archives, so one can tune in at any time and hear some vibes. Here's a link to a free iPhone Mixlr app for those of you who want to lock in at any time from your phones:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mixlr/id583705714?mt=8

I hope you lock in when you have a moment and want to hear something new. We do new broadcasts every few days & update the autopilot rotation regularly so there's always new content. I'll bump this thread and post on Twitter when there's a new live broadcast.

If you like what you hear, please help spread the word.

Cheers!

That's actually an edit I did of Inertia Creeps so I could mix it in with minimal/autonomic dnb stuff. The original song was in the right tempo range but had a bunch of weird 2 & 4 bar pop-song flourishes sprinkled throughout, so I did an edit with a DJ friendly intro/long dubby outro and some remastering to correct the muddy 90's mixdown. One of my favorites to drop in sets.

I know which one you're talking about but I actually don't know what the name of that song is. I ripped it off a CD I burned for DJ'ing a while back that I didn't label.

I think it's Rockwell or Dan Habarnam.

Yeah rddm, our setup it a little ghetto and if we need to jiggle the cable in the external soundcard to get the hum to disappear. I'm using a generic USB sound card I got for $6 on Amazon. Currently looking into better tech.

Fortunately we do all the recordings in Traktor, so that's not going to be present in the archive that'll be played.

Hit a personal milestone now, with 8 hours of original content rotating through the stream. We're gonna keep doing live broadcasts every couple days, but I'm personally excited because now one can lock into the stream at any time and hear a variety of sounds in the archives which we carefully staggered according to genre. Right now on the stream there's dubstep, autonomic dnb, ambient, idm, dub techno, trip hop, and a little jazz.

I set up 4 Soundclouds to host all of it (and used SC's retweeting feature to get it all on one page), and starting next week, as we record new sets, I'll be overwriting the oldest ones and rotating through the Soundcloud space that way. In case anyone wants to download the sets as 320s, here's the Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/subculture-sc They're labelled with episode # and genre.

Much love & thanks to everyone who's tuned in so far.

I'm not gonna bump this thread any more when there's broadcasts, but you can follow these Twitter & Facebook accounts if you want broadcast announcements. Or you can tune into the stream at any time and hear something new & fresh and possibly stumble on a live broadcast. Your choice.

Archives will always be posted on this page:

Thanks everyone! Enjoy the music!

I changed my mind, and I will keep bumping this thread when there's new broadcasts. Anyone who chooses not to use Facebook & Twitter is a hero and should be rewarded as such.

Heroes, I invite you to tune in at 4pm EST today (in one hour) for a few hours of deep bass fun.

premiering a new hour of future bass right now from myself, Morning High, & newcomer Merr1n

we've set up Sub Culture more like a channel now, with beats all day & ambient/dub techno at night (EST). we've recorded a whole bunch of sets and will be premiering them at set times, then adding them into the rotation regularly after that. 4 new sessions to put up this week.

mixlr.com/subculture

Archived