IGNORED

Minor Down

Guest Chimp Logic

Guest Chimp Logic

. : | Minor Down | : .

I've been working on a concept album for a little while now based loosely on a series of dream sequences. This is the first song that feels nearly complete of the 5 sketches I've got.

It's not like my other stuff. It's more a return to my organic playing roots (bass player). It features acoustic drums, bass, piano, guitarish stuff. Some of the warmth and dynamics got squashed by the myspace compression but you can get the gist of it.

An adaptation of this song will be used by a choreographer I have been working with lately for an upcoming modern dance performance.

The EP should hopefully see the light of day early next year. In any event, thought I'd share this with you all.

Hope you enjoy. Thanks for listening.

Peace

myspace.com/chimplogic | Minor Down

(edit)

For clarification, when I say based on dream sequences I mean that there will be vocal parts to the song. So in this sense the track is still incomplete. I, like a few others around here, work with vocalists so some of my tracks my not carry themselves entirely on their own without the vocal element. Also, this track will be used with dance so there has to be a certain level of restraint from just blowing the song up at some point and taking away from the movement.

So, I ask that you use your imagination if you are finding the song lacking in some regard. Cheers.

Myspace ain't giving me a lot of luv today as i can't seem to get your track to play. :ph34r:

it was the same with me for a while, but i think it's the massive BG image that fucks up the loading. if you wait it out it may work for you too...

tune:

it's (though i hate to use the word) nice. indie-esque drums, peaceful textures, easy going tune on the whole. quite filmic - conjoured up mental images of sunlight on the sea.

after the break at at 3:27 i waited for something else to happen, and it didn't - maybe bring something that really stands apart from the sounds you have at the moment. the plucked guitar that's introduced sounds a little synthetic, as it is. at over 6 minutes, you need something stronger to hold the listener.

Guest Chimp Logic

Thanks G.I. and Mrs. Jynx! When is the next Project 168 anyway?

wasps: Odd. The BG image you refer to isn't that big. Is your connection slow? As for the tune not blowing up to some degree (see the edit I added above), it's because it will eventually have vocal layers and also be edited to some degree to work with dance movement. I do continue to introduce elements the entire length of the song, although none of them are vastly "different" to make the song go in some new direction. Also, yes, the geetar is synthetic. I realize that can be off-putting to some.

Thanks for listening everyone!

Peace

Real nice Chimpster definitely my favourite of yours. Lovely textures man! This is a late night listening so maybe thats effecting my receiving of this but what I'm hearing I'm really feeling. Just real enveloping! Real atmospheric! Nice new angle. Only crit is maybe the snare is a bit loud other than that pretty well much a joy. B)

I want a high rez mp3 of this. :D

Odd. The BG image you refer to isn't that big. Is your connection slow?

nope, it's a pretty standard broadband connection. but we are talking about myspace here... ;)

regarding the comments, my point was: there was space for something that breaks away more the feel you've created. your track is a good solid base so really lends itself to that. however, if you plan to use a vocal over the top, this point is completely redundant.

the comment about the 'synthetic' guitar was simply as the rest of it has a more organic feel, and this didn't quite gel for me, rather than any aversion to techy stuff. :)

Guest Shockerbrown

yoow chimp,

how're you mate? i see that you're still very active here in the ekt section, cool! :)

damn, really dig this track. it sounds like a peaceful soundtrack of a nature documentary. the slow vibe is very relaxing. the overall atmosphere is awesome.

great tune mister!

Guest brianellis

wowzers! i really enjoyed this... the recording is perfect for this sort of sound... loving the drums! my only complaint would be the acoustic guitar sound... are you recording it direct (i just really sounds that way)... besides that, everything is stunning. i love the bass/drum/piano interaction. great work.

*just read comment about guitar... answered my question

Archived