these-new-puritans-field-of-reeds1-608x5

Did a quick search but couldn't find any related topics.

In short this is an amazing album, yet another sea change for them. Pretty much a modern classical album. Absolutely beautiful. Apparently very much like Mark Hollis' solo album (which I'm still yet to listen to), does remind me of some of David Sylvian's work.

Only given this one listen, but it seems promising. I played Hidden to death a few years ago.

I wanted to create this thread here last Friday after playing the record about 4 times throughout the week.

Very good album, I'm happy with the shift in direction despite also enjoying their last two albums. I heard the track above a month or so before the album came out, I really like it. Some of the tracks are percussion-less and I do with there was a bit more percussion, but damn the album breathes. Some are comparing it to Talk Talk, which I never bothered to explore but apparently I need to.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now