IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

nice review apriorion. I think it's cool that opn has this opportunity, must be pretty thrilling to go on stage before a nin audience and play weirdo electronic music. I feel like I should have gone.

also, I too thought the new logo was supposed to be ripped off from korn. isn't that lopatin's thing visually, to appropriate imagery? like, aren't all of his album covers "unoriginal?" and isn't the name a kind of ripoff of some radio station? I feel like that's just his thing. maybe not. fml.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Alco. I also thought that it was a good opportunity for people who haven't heard of OPN's weird music, but it seemed like only a few people we're open-minded about it. Most of the people in our vicinity wrote him off because they thought he was a DJ who was going to bring the "beats". But then when they realized that he wasn't a dubstep guy, they wrote him off as boring or something. Either way, they weren't prepared to try his perspective. My son told me that when I applauded, a couple of guys near us groaned and muttered "Ugh, don't encourage him."

On the logos thing: I don't deny that there might be an intentional similarity there, but it's not like Korn had kornered the market (sorry) on jaggedy fonts. I mean, it seems pretty obvious to point that out and to get hung up on it. It's not something that really deserves anything more than one observation, and certainly not complaints on the guy's facebook page like "It's totally not cool how you ripped off Korn's logo, man."

By the way, I wanted to note about the crowd that it's pretty amusing to me how the segment of the NIN fanbase that is roughly around my age (mid-thirties) have basically turned into the same people who were the middle-aged G'n'R loser fans from the mid-ninties. All of the people I knew in high school who liked NIN insisted that there was more to them than the Motley Crue types: how obviously wrong they were. I saw many instances of that droopy-tits futurama lady-archetype in the lawn, i.e.,

char_48379.jpg

On the logos thing: I don't deny that there might be an intentional similarity there, but it's not like Korn had kornered the market (sorry) on jaggedy fonts. I mean, it seems pretty obvious to point that out and to get hung up on it. It's not something that really deserves anything more than one observation, and certainly not complaints on the guy's facebook page like "It's totally not cool how you ripped off Korn's logo, man."

I don't get the point you're trying to make. It seems to me that the logo is a direct parody of Korn's... are you saying it isn't?

Guest bitroast

I don't get the point you're trying to make. It seems to me that the logo is a direct parody of Korn's... are you saying it isn't?

it clearly is a reference to the korn logo. I saw and instantly got the association. brand recognition for the band KORN. which is hilarious that the association even worked, when you think about it. I remember checking in half doubt the comments section for the post on facebook regarding the t-shirt design on OPN's facebook page, and majority of the comments were laughing at the korn reference.

I have absolutely no idea how anyone could look at it, especially in comparison to the korn logo, and try and argue that it isn't a reference to korn.

I don't deny that it's a reference ('parody' in not quite the right term). Don't worry if you cannot understand my point.

For anyone into skateboarding, might dig this. One of the parts in the video (also on youtube), Chris Millic, uses 'Meet Your Creator' for the ender.

Yes! I love this. The skating community and the experimental electronic community almost never mix. Speaking of which, I just got some new skate shoes. I think I'm gonna go practice my tre flips.

Also, NIN opening set sounds great. Wish I could go to one.

[youtubehd]ac4IdThGRSk[/youtubehd]

this made my day, it sounds so fucking huge and epic, i think he should were some kind of uniform like an ancient god or something like that.(just my imagination)

the brilliant thing about that tshirt that no-one seems to be picking up on is how it will blend in perfectly in the context of NIN and soundgarden tour merchandise.

Shirt wasn't available at tonight's show :(

He did use the letters as as part of his visuals though. There were plenty of rad NIN beanies, however.

[youtubehd]ac4IdThGRSk[/youtubehd]

this made my day, it sounds so fucking huge and epic, i think he should were some kind of uniform like an ancient god or something like that.(just my imagination)

hoooly shit, this better get a release

• 1 month later...

Archived