IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*clicks video*

Haha, whats the problem? I can see the humour in that.

*watches beyond first minute*

*clicks tab away when clip is finished*

*slowly walks towards window*

*gazes at clouds thinking how life will never feel the same anymore*

That video is ridiculously powerful.

After it ends, you begin to realize the absurdity and pure horror that the internet can contain, and the effect that it can have on the mind.

R Plus Seven is without a doubt my album of the year (atm).

Man that's what they said about Dylan when he went all electric man.

I think OPN is sincerely and passionately making music on his own terms in a way that is interesting and rewarding to him. (I don't think he's simply trying to buck his "asleep on a Juno-60" sound either). I have no idea how much internally he might question what and how he releases his music in relation to his fans and supporters, but surely it's crossed his mind. You are completely entitled to dislike his new work, and honestly I've been a little slow to warm up to this, as I was with Replica.

There really aren't many musicians who truly go after their experimental and progressive tendencies as they become popular, and to me OPN's efforts refreshing. I rather bid adieu to an artist I love if they completely depart from their trademark style than slowly fall out of love with one that simply rehashes the same aesthetic over and over again, to the point where it diminishes the value of their collective works.

As with everything else R Plus Seven related, I have no idea what to think about that video. I think I'm still an OPN fan, but I wonder if he hasn't gotten a bit too conceptual for his own good.

Archived