...how the hell can you tell that's Adele?

it's kinda obvious innit

It aint Adele

lol

c'mon people Adele doesn't have an exclusive copyright to the mod girl revival look of dark hair bangs and quasi-raccoon eye makeup.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad he lost all that weight. Shit's hard to do. Track fucking blows, imo. 

" [–]Retosik 11 points 2 hours ago What do you think about Autechre? permalink [–]Bat-Might 6 points 2 hours ago I hope someday we can look back on the progression of eleven Oneoht

I was bored.  

Posted Images

Is anyone going to actually ask about his work in the context of plunderphonics? I'm about to type up a question on reddit.

Guest jasondonervan

[–]vineavip 3 points 2 hours ago

What is your favourite music for parties?

[–]0neohtrixVerified 9 points 13 minutes ago

Pure Moods

[]0neohtrixVerified 1 point 8 minutes ago

yes--- see the piece i wrote about oswald in wire, it sums up things i appreciate about his work

certain marclay stuff, particularly a video of him on david sandborn's old late night show

neg land is a bit rough for me but i like that it exists

Funny, that's the issue of Wire that I found by googling the other day. I ordered a copy then by the way, so maybe I can get pics or scans sometime soon.

Unless someone has/gets a digital subscription, that would be a lot faster. :smile:

Edited by manmower

[]0neohtrixVerified 1 point 8 minutes ago

yes--- see the piece i wrote about oswald in wire, it sums up things i appreciate about his work

certain marclay stuff, particularly a video of him on david sandborn's old late night show

neg land is a bit rough for me but i like that it exists

Funny, that's the issue of Wire that I found by googling the other day. I ordered a copy then by the way, so maybe I can get pics or scans sometime soon.

Unless someone has/gets a digital subscription, that would be a lot faster. :smile:

Marclay video:

"

[–]Retosik 11 points

2 hours ago

What do you think about Autechre?

[–]Bat-Might 6 points

2 hours ago

I hope someday we can look back on the progression of eleven Oneohtrix albums.

[–]0neohtrixVerified[S] 5 points

20 minutes ago

hah thanks. thats a nice number

[–]0neohtrixVerified[S] 6 points

21 minutes ago

the best. just saw ikeda perform in den haag and had to go home and listen to confield because i realized that the things i want ikeda et al to do musically (vs structurally) has been actualized hundreds of times in Ae's cannon. oversteps btw... that is one of their best in my opinion. they will always be a north star for me

"

• Like 1
Guest jasondonervan
[–]Chuumba 3 points 5 hours ago

I attended your performance at Glasgow's CCA and while I thoroughly enjoyed your sounds, the visual display seemed to contribute equally as much; would you give an overview as to how they were achieved and how they were manipulated to form such a cohesive unity with the sound? It didn't seem to rely too heavily on triggers, was it a mix of manual tweaking and automation?

[–]0neohtrixVerified 5 points 2 hours ago

thanks. lots of fx sends, sp 555 live processing of audio, some audio on rails some chance trigger stuff. im not that interested in 'improvising' w/ a computer, more interested in modules of form / music / texture assembling itself into self automating sensuality clusters. where things start effecting eachother via affect agents. i learned this from kevin martin (the bug) at a show in bristol. nitro selection and dub techniques, thats where its at for me live

I was at that show too :beer:

I mean

[–]Chuumba 3 points 5 hours ago
I attended your performance at Glasgow's CCA and while I thoroughly enjoyed your sounds, the visual display seemed to contribute equally as much; would you give an overview as to how they were achieved and how they were manipulated to form such a cohesive unity with the sound? It didn't seem to rely too heavily on triggers, was it a mix of manual tweaking and automation?

[–]0neohtrixVerified 5 points 2 hours ago
thanks. lots of fx sends, sp 555 live processing of audio, some audio on rails some chance trigger stuff. im not that interested in 'improvising' w/ a computer, more interested in modules of form / music / texture assembling itself into self automating sensuality clusters. where things start effecting eachother via affect agents. i learned this from kevin martin (the bug) at a show in bristol. nitro selection and dub techniques, thats where its at for me live

I was at that show too :beer:

fuck yeah

seemed a lil reticent/curt on the AMA... possibly because of the quality of questions, or is my impression off? did he deliberately invert the words "affect" and "effect" ?

been listening to R+7 for a week, baffled that somebody would rate this higher than Exai.

Guest Zelmo Swift

I was bored.

ATEfvss.png

damn this is awesome

it's like a visual remix done 80s Pixar style, very appropriate

I like it too! Great color, light, and shadow.

been listening to R+7 for a week, baffled that somebody would rate this higher than Exai.

Apples and oranges.