IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

the only reason i check this thread tho is bc of all the also h8

I feel no h8 bby

We may have our Problem Areas, but I still get Along. It don't matter that you aren't Americans, as long as you're not Zebra

your humor has really created rifts in my russian mind

we should hook up bby, i know some good zones without people

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel no h8 bby

We may have our Problem Areas, but I still get Along. It don't matter that you aren't Americans, as long as you're not Zebra

i heard terminator lake is very beautiful this time of year.

I feel no h8 bby

i heard terminator lake is very beautiful this time of year.

Watch out for stress waves though.

• 5 months later...

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I just gave r+7 its first proper listen for, like, a year, and it was amazing.

I don't know if I enjoyed it more because it was the first time I listened to it on a decent system and not with headphones or if it's because of an almost continuous Garden Of Delete listen since November but it was marvelous, it felt like rediscovering the album all over again.

It's really beautiful and haunting, very laid back and easy to listen to (compared to GoD). It felt as if it finally opened entirely to my ears, allowing me to hear all the hidden gems I suspected but never really heard before.

Even the tracks I found weak when the album came out (Inside World and Along++) sounded amazingly fresh to my ears.

Definitely a beast of an album, probably one of my musical milestones.

SHARE THE LOVE.

• 11 months later...

shit, I haven't heard this album in more than a year surely.. will listen again today! I'm getting wet from the excitement

edit: I'd also like to have a proper alco review of both this and god soonish pls thx

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

yeah for sure. opn has like a flawless public image and a career almost impossible to imagine for a synth artist. i think he's cool and i totally support his trajectory but i think his music is consistently heavy handed and annoying. 

don't get me wrong though, it's not like this is deadmaus or whatever. i always check out opn records when they come out and i think it's cool that he's had such a breakout career. 

1 hour ago, KingBo0 said:

Neither would I considering he just did a collab with that one pop star

Iggy Pop? 

Even tho Uncut Gems and it's soundtrack are fucking rad, R plus Seven, and to a lesser extent Replica, are still his high water mark. Just fucking incredible albums. 

Archived