IGNORED

Oneohtrix Point Never - R Plus Seven

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's Florian Hecker's music that's the real panty remover, which is the most important criteria when it comes to music.

id much rather listen to 'silly experiments' than very bland 'composed' ambient music that doesn't evoke any unique sensations whatsoever

This is interesting because I feel it gets at the heart of why people prefer certain music over others.

Yeah I agree, because what evokes sensations vary from person to person. BTW John, were you comparing the two Heckers or OPN with one of the Heckers?

Guest jasondonervan

I heard Arps. MIDI drifts. Got about a minute worth of listening before the abysmal DJ ('Éclair Fifi'? New one on me) apologised for technical issues, mumbled something about new OPN on Warp being 'special', then trainwrecked the next track in. One of the biggest stations in the UK and it sounds like an embarrassingly poor student radio show.

it sounds like an embarrassingly poor student radio show.

R1 been like that for a while now. They keep trying to follow trends but unfortunately miss the wagon everytime.

They booked Scream & Benga to do a Friday Night dubstep show, just as dubstep was dying out and it all got replaced with just various styles of house music.

They have a Canadian chick called B-Traits who plays some nice deep house and techy stuff, but generally I can't stand 98% of what is played on that station anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

my god, i almost had to defriend someone on facebook today because they went on an almost academic sounding diatribe about how 'vaporware' Oneohtrix point never is, and speculating on if he invented vaporware or not. It was just very long winded and made me want to punch the world out of orbit

It's been posted in this thread, I think. I've seen it in any case, I remember the interviewer's "oh no trix" pronunciation. :smile:

Problem Areas is really growing on me, that gated shit at 1:15 (yes, I suck at musics) is amazing.

Archived