IGNORED

Is Autechre relevant anymore?

Guest xpr

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some asian boy in a cage will ask less than a robot, robots will become unemployed, emigrate and ask for basic income themselves resisting integration into human society, robot rights activists will make gov'nt to pay nonetheless. 

• 9 months later...

autechre:

> check status

CAREER: 

> status: You are now relevant.

autechre:

> look around

CAREER: 

> You are standing in a very quaint bedroom. Quite British, innit?

autechre:

> i

CAREER:

> Inventory: You are carrying [sEAN'S KNIFE] "Cannot be used unless you are standing in an alley and CAREER is over". [MARMITE] "Find out who loves it or hates it." [CRUSTY NOTEBOOK] "An old notebook containing contact information of fellow musicians you have met during CAREER. Good to impress groupies with." [bULL WALLET] "I don't get it".

autechre:

> look west

CAREER: 

> This side of the room is filled with big beat making machines to make your big beats with. Your random music generator is currently rendering. Best leave it alone for now.

auteche:

> look east

CAREER:

> You see a table with Rob's laptop. A website has been opened. It seems Sean has been using Rob's account to aggravate a music making forum again. The moderators have been alerted. Best leave it alone for now.

autechre:

> look south

CAREER:

> You see a door with a lock. The lock has a Warp logo and a timer. The timer will end in 17 seconds, 47 minutes, 22 hours, 19 days, 8 months and 2 years. Best leave it alone for now.

autechre:

> look northface

CAREER:

> You see a closet where you keep your jackets of unspecified brand. They are crudely strewn on the floor. The closet door is slightly open.

autechre:

> examine jackets

CAREER:

> Crudely strewn. Blasphemy.

autechre:

> examine closet

CAREER:

> The closet door is slightly open. You hear wheezing and the air smells greasy.

autechre:

> open door

CAREER:

> A Skrillex appears! It looks like he means business.

autechre:

> examine Skrillex

CARREER:

> Skrillex has a circling hord of fans that prevent examining.

> Skrillex uses [bZZRRT] sound

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Popularity

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Press Attention

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Fans

> Skrillex damages you with -19.944 Popularity

> Skrillex damages you with -47.409 Press Attention

> Skrillex damages you with          -1 Fan

autechre:

> use big beat machine

CAREER:

> Your random music generator is currently rendering. Best leave it alone for now.

> Skrillex uses [WOB] sound four times

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Popularity

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Fans

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Chance Of Mislabeling Other Music As Dubstep

> Skrillex damages you with -19.740 Popularity

> Skrillex damages you with          -7 Fans

> Skrillex damages you with +91.663 Chance Of Being Mislabled As Dubstep 

> <WARNING: STATUS [relevant] IS IN DANGER>

autechre:

> use laptop+google:autechre songs

CAREER:

> The moderators have turned on searchlights and released guard dogs. Best leave it alone for now.

> Skrillex pays [JOURNALIST] to drop the word "avant-garde" in an article.

> Skrillex gains          +17 Popularity

> Skrillex gains            +3 Fans

> Skrillex loses    -80.500 Credibility

> Skrillex gains +150.000 Angry Internet Threads

> Skrillex damages you with     -1.993 Popularity

> Skrillex damages you with -105.000 Internet Attention

> Skrillex damages you with   +79.000 Intellectual Embarrassment

> >>>WARNING<<< Skrillex is preparing [THE DROP]. Cresendo 24% Complete.

autechre:

> use [MARMITE]

> Skrillex seems to love it. His fans seem to hate it.

> You have damaged Skrillex with -150.000 fans.

CAREER:

> Skrillex is preoccupied with smearing [MARMITE] on everything.

autechre:

> examine Skrillex

CAREER:

> His horde of fans have been diminished, but there are still plenty that prevent examining.

> Skrillex has depleted [MARMITE]

> >>>WARNING<<< Skrillex is preparing [THE DROP]. Cresendo 57% Complete.

autechre:

> use [bULL WALLET]

> Skrillex seems to get it. His fans don't. Skrillex tries to explain.

> You have damaged Skrillex with -149.982 Fans

CAREER:

> Skrillex is preoccupied with bemusedly looking at printed ms-paintings and photoshops that are stashed in [bULL WALLET].

autechre:

> examine Skrillex

CAREER:

> His horde of fans have been diminished, but there are still plenty that prevent examining.

> Skrillex has depleted [bULL WALLET]

> >>>WARNING<<< Skrillex is preparing [THE DROP]. Cresendo 74% Complete.

autechre:

> use [CRUSTY NOTEBOOK]

> Skrillex freezes, stutters, sweats and shakes as he is overjoyed with excitement to finally have the personal information of his favourite musicians in his hands. His fans have no idea who any of these fucking old guys are and start to realize he's a dork.

> You have damaged Skrillex with -142 Fans

CAREER:

> Skrillex is preoccupied with franatically copying every information from [CRUSTY NOTEBOOK]. He is currently at Aphex Twin.

> Skrillex damages himself with -112 Fans.

autechre:

> examine Skrillex

CAREER:

> Skrillex is preoccupied with franatically copying every information from [CRUSTY NOTEBOOK]. He is currently at Boards Of Canada.

> Skrillex damages himself with -89 Fans.

autechre:

> examine Skrillex

CAREER:

> His horde of fans has been greatly diminished, but there are still a few that prevent examining.

> Skrillex is preoccupied with franatically copying every information from [CRUSTY NOTEBOOK]. He is currently at Venetian Snares.

> Skrillex damages himself with -17 Fans.

> Skrillex has no more fans.

autechre:

> examine Skrillex

CAREER:

> He seems rather frail.

> Skrillex has depleted [CRUSTY NOTEBOOK]

> >>>WARNING<<< Skrillex is preparing [THE DROP]. Cresendo 96% Complete.

autechre:

> push Skrillex

CAREER:

> Skrillex falls over and sheds a single tear before he hits the ground and shatters into a thousand pieces.

> CONGRATULATIONS. You have defeated Skrillex. You gain some of his experience.

> you have gained +300.000 Fame

> you have gained +150.000 Marketing Manipulation

> you have gained +100.000 Hairstyle Inventiveness

> you have gained           +4  Producers

> you have gained           +1  Experience.

> CONGRATULATIONS. You have gained a level. Check your status to see your progress.

> CONGRATULATIONS. You have saved CAREER. For now.

autechre:

> check status

CAREER:

> You are now L-Event.

this is still the greatest single post in this subforum and should be pinned in its own thread.

• 1 month later...

Dude, fuck you guys. bob and sam gets better as they go along. elseq was great. You all have just too many expectations, and you wanted him to stroke your "amber" cock, but that's not where they are anymore. Geezus fucking Krist, why is this a discussion? There are no real deep insights here, only vague gestures toward feelings and what you wanted out of the album and disappointment with the hype (which was just FUN, what the fuck is wrong with that, now?!) and it's SO TIRESOME. How about this? How about you do something? How about you just put things in their proper place? It's music. It's actually good music. It's actually really good music. I check up here every once and a while because I'm hoping to hear about some news, and this forum usually delivers, but so help me is this place becomes another xltronic. Get a grip, mutherfuckers. It's not like Autechre did a fucking cheesy, lame 180 and wrote songs about "slo-mo on the dildo.." or whatever FSOL did around 2002. His music always holds up. "Oh, I didn't like the cheesy lead on 13x0 step, or the mixing on foldfree casual" Fuck off. Get a life. Goddammit. You guys are better than this.

Dude, fuck you guys. bob and sam gets better as they go along. elseq was great. You all have just too many expectations, and you wanted him to stroke your "amber" cock, but that's not where they are anymore. Geezus fucking Krist, why is this a discussion? There are no real deep insights here, only vague gestures toward feelings and what you wanted out of the album and disappointment with the hype (which was just FUN, what the fuck is wrong with that, now?!) and it's SO TIRESOME. How about this? How about you do something? How about you just put things in their proper place? It's music. It's actually good music. It's actually really good music. I check up here every once and a while because I'm hoping to hear about some news, and this forum usually delivers, but so help me is this place becomes another xltronic. Get a grip, mutherfuckers. It's not like Autechre did a fucking cheesy, lame 180 and wrote songs about "slo-mo on the dildo.." or whatever FSOL did around 2002. His music always holds up. "Oh, I didn't like the cheesy lead on 13x0 step, or the mixing on foldfree casual" Fuck off. Get a life. Goddammit. You guys are better than this.

Yes! Shots fired. Time to choose a side hahan newer AE=better; elseq=masterwork

I know it's tough man, I wanna new album too. Just take a deep breath, put on foldfree casual and go slo mo on yr dildo. 

there's nothing like grey text on grey background.. it's fucking aces.. really. i guess it works if you're making an autechre album cover or putting a subtle label badge on a pair of skiny jeans but for the average middle aged bespectacled human named steve this shit is like trying to read the embossed writing on a piece of broken glass from a coke bottle that's embedded in the bottom of my foot w/blood seeping out into the beach sand while sweat mixed with sun screen dripps into my eyes from the epic florida humidity and oppressive _press you to the ground_ flaming sky rock we call the sun.

but yeah.. i'd love some new Ae as well. not that i won't just continue to try to overdose on the existing catalogue (impossible.. i cannot overdose on autechre music) 

Is Anyone Other Than Autechre Relevant Anymore?

giggle giggle :)

I guess you're not idm enough to be one of the IP Board Master Race

0YKQ6ih.png

Also, check the boc 'new album' thread for watmm's very first copy pasta

omg what is it? some alternate reality forum?  i'm living in the wrong place. and time and space. 

Archived