IGNORED

photography from airplane window

hokum

Absolutely gorgeous pictures.

I don't fly often but when I do I spend most of the flight looking out the window, especially if it's over the Western U.S. - it's incredible what you can spot - military bases, open pit mines, car testing tracks.

This guy snapped Area 51 and the Nuclear Test Site from airliner cabin window:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/docsearls/4882145914/

4882145914_325d2b37be_o.jpg

i don't do window seats. no leg room and i can only look down because the windows are, at best, nipple high. so i appreciate these.

now I know you're faking being a tall guy. As a tall fellow myself, I know that if you take the aisle seat, the drink cart will always hit your shoulder, or your leg. Hence why I always go for the window, at least I have the wall of the plane to rest my head against

(j/k of course, but you should try it)

Guest chunky

nicely nicely done

knew this guy who flew from tokyo to nagoya and the guy sitting next to him nudged him and said 'hey, look out the window' then he looks out the window and they're right over mt fuji and the view was gorgeous, he proved it by showing the photos taken from the window. it wasnt an expensive camera or anything but the view was so perfect the photos were amazing. perfect mix of sky, cloud, sunset, snow, and volcano/mountain ;-)

materials engineering is developing so well that they have people working on see-through planes so you can get an even better view during the flight, through the actual plane itself. not entirely sure if it's BS or not.

flew once from japan to taiwan and the flight showed video footage taken from the front of the plane, so you could get the same view as from the cockpit in your seat. it was quite surreal watching the footage of going through the clouds

Guest jasondonervan

A couple of iPhone snaps from a Reykjavík to London flight earlier this year.

QagmA9U.jpg

CFklX5q.jpg

mBoKO5c.jpg

Archived