IGNORED

Making at least 10 seconds of audio everyday

Guest yanG

Yo, I'm trying to make at least 10 seconds of audio everyday for the Inpuj 10s project whose sc group page is https://soundcloud.com/groups/10-second-project-2013

Actually I try to make 1 minute rather than 10 secs, these are my takes:
https://soundcloud.com/yan_g/sets/inpuj-10-sec-project

Some will be reworked on, some will be kept as are, some will be forgotten :) I'll be posting here whenever I add a new track to this set...

Guest Frankie5fingers

i dont get it. you try to make a whole track in 10 secs, or a track that is 10 secs long?

either way, sounds awesome.

wow, finally something that is actually doable, good idea. I'll try to get in on the action once I return from my holidays. Is this supposed to end at some point in time, or is it a permanent thing to get the creative juices flowing?

wow, finally something that is actually doable, good idea. I'll try to get in on the action once I return from my holidays.

Submit the tracks to the group!

Is this supposed to end at some point in time, or is it a permanent thing to get the creative juices flowing?

The latter. Interestingly, I've produced more tracks I'm happy with in the past few days than in the past few months. They're often more experimental and it's great to know you won't be working on a track for months. There are a few tracks that I've been/will be working on again (especially for EQing/mixing) but I do aim everyday at creating a finished track from nothing. I've set up a deadline for myself which is the twentyfirst of september, then I will put the best tracks together to make an album imaginatively titled "Summer 2013". Might change my plans though indeed :) Might keep on doing this and call the next release "Fall 2013" ;) I doubt that very much :)

Oh, and today's take:

Guest Frankie5fingers

cool, i might actually participate in this if all i gotta do is submit work.

i really like how you do something completely different every time. has it been giving you ideas for your other more "professional" (cant think of any other word to use. lol) tracks?

wow, nice.. what did you use for that toy piano sound if i may ask?

so textured and detailed

Thanks, I'm not sure which sound you're talking about. There's a kalimba playing the chords (recorded with a SM58, my only mic!) and a FM synth playing the bellish melody (with a synced LFO controlling the modulator wave).

Guest tonfarben

Really nice ideas here! I will go through this later, to much input for now. I like the approach of sketching. And after some time you go through all the sketches, pick one or two and master them to complete tracks. Definately a good advice to improve oneself.

I hope others jump on... Yan G your sounds are really inspiring and i have had a blast trying to keep up... Thanks for this

Archived