IGNORED

IDM Goes Pop?

Lane Visitor

bjork is a shit singer, there I said it

and anyway music's over, we can shut down the board now

Nah. Music is still alive, regardless of quality. New NIN album due out in September, for example.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

flol. it has begun.

You have a few U.S. dates on the horizon. Where does Aerosmith go from here?
Tyler: Joe has done, like, four solo albums. I never have, though with lyrics and arrangements and so forth a lot of Aerosmith albums are just fine for me. It's cathartic. But I had a lot of fun doing "(It) Feels So Good." I wrote that with Marti Frederiksen. I've got this itch in me to do a solo record, and that's what I'm gonna do next. I've got some great people that want to get involved in it. It's early on right now, but that's the itch I got. I got that itch to do something that's a lot different than Aerosmith. Aerosmith's never been better, but we did that album. This last album was an Aerosmith all-for-one-and-one-for-all. But my heart is in stuff like that weirder, off-the-cuff stuff that I'm not sure Aerosmith would like. I'm into electronica – I was when I used to listen to Stockhausen in '65. So there's just a lot of stuff – good, weird fucking music that I want to get off my chest. The band will be playing, and we're going to China and Singapore. It's gonna open up a whole new world for Aerosmith. So Aerosmith will always be around, but I got this itch and I know how to scratch it.

I'm going for -

2014: Brunkcore

2015: Hyperflex/Crowded House

2016: Soundflange

2017: Skankle

2018: Umbridge/Un-rave

2019: Phunt Metal

2020: Dune'd / Macro

Don't know about you guys but I'm really looking forward to Soundflange.

2015: Hyperflex/Crowded House

Alan to his listeners: And now it’s time for ‘Alan’s Love Bud’. This is a story of a woman, fifty. And a chap in his early forties. This woman enraptured this man. Made him feel sixteen again. He thought “I’m gonna wear a t-shirt with Crowded House written on the front of it”. He thought “Yes, I will buy that copy of Punch magazine”

im-alan-patridge-logo.jpg

Also, it's safe to say generally accepted sounds and aesthetics of "IDM" show up in a lot of different releases pretty often now.

Yeah, this has been the case for some time. I don't really see IDM as we know it now (though that's such a vague term really) ever really gaining traction like dubstep for example. Shit, dubstep itself has a ton of IDM in it, but packaged in a more digestible form (ie fit for parties and shit). Abstract IDM is too cerebral to ever be consumed by the mainstream. The more ambient IDM is another story, people have been digging Boards of Canada for some time, and Aphex Twin got really popular too partly due to his ambient-ish stuff.

IDM already went pop in the 90's.

Also this, though I wouldn't say it went pop it just revealed itself to the mainstream and we began to see elements of it in pop music. Like Bjork.

Instaban!

her singing/song structure is quite predictable though - I swear it's whisper sing whisper scream 2/3 into the song, have instruments drop out and close - something like that

I dunno

Guest Rulohead32

Instaban!

her singing/song structure is quite predictable though - I swear it's whisper sing whisper scream 2/3 into the song, have instruments drop out and close - something like that

I dunno

no

Instaban!

I dunno

no

I know I don't like songs so yeh.

I would love to hear Grantz Graf blasting on some pop clubs some years from now.

2066: Merzbow

Instaban!

I dunno

no

I know I don't like songs so yeh.

I would love to hear Grantz Graf blasting on some pop clubs some years from now.

2066: Merzbow

that would be dope... then, finally, hollywood will have had it right with their ridiculous "club" scenes that occur in every single movie since blade, where the dj is playing industrial, hard tech house and idm like it's no ones business.. even though actual mainstream clubs in real life would never play anything darker than Justin Timberlake- Sexy Back lol

Archived